• David Bowie

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Alice Cooper

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of vs threads....but this may be the oddest!!
Gotta' wonder about the scenario that occurred to make one think - "I'll start a Coop vs Bowie thread!"
Bet it was a wild partay!!!!

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
Bowie couldn't lift AC'd jockstrap with a fork lift. This isn't even close. AC by a light year

Just a heads up...you seem to have posted in the wrong thread,
There is a joke thread on here, I recently stumbled across it! Yours may be one of the best!!!!
In all seriousness, or as close as I can get to it, the AC group had 4 awesome albums, AC one as a solo artist.
But when it comes to creativity, Bowie would be hard to best. His stuff just keeps revealing more and more with repeated listens.
I am a huge fan of both and don't see how they can be compared.
Perhaps this is a "who do you like more" thread? Which is somewhat meaningless.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Didn't post in the wrong thread at all. There isn't any "rule" in this thread. First post was nothing more than a picture of both (of course both of those pictures are no longer available, which is why there is nothing but a place-marker there).

So, very simply put, this is David Bowie vs Alice Cooper. Nothing more, nothing less.

That being said, Cooper had 12 albums from debut to 1980, Bowie had 14. In my opinion, those 12 albums CRUSH everything Bowie did in the same time frame. Bowie put out 4 total albums in the 80's, AC put out 6 and I'd take anything off of any of those 6 over the 4 that Bowie did. I do like Let's Dance, but only casually. Since 1990, Cooper has still put out some decent work. Not great, nothing to match the first 20 years, but still listenable. Bowie on the other hand hasn't put out anything in the last 28 years that I'd purposely play.

When AC comes on the radio, I turn it up. When Bowie comes on, I usually change the channel or turn it down. I can even listen to the worst of Alice over the best of Bowie.

Nothing else needs to be said, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.... thus my comment 2 posts back.

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
Didn't post in the wrong thread at all. There isn't any "rule" in this thread. First post was nothing more than a picture of both (of course both of those pictures are no longer available, which is why there is nothing but a place-marker there).

So, very simply put, this is David Bowie vs Alice Cooper. Nothing more, nothing less.

That being said, Cooper had 12 albums from debut to 1980, Bowie had 14. In my opinion, those 12 albums CRUSH everything Bowie did in the same time frame. Bowie put out 4 total albums in the 80's, AC put out 6 and I'd take anything off of any of those 6 over the 4 that Bowie did. I do like Let's Dance, but only casually. Since 1990, Cooper has still put out some decent work. Not great, nothing to match the first 20 years, but still listenable. Bowie on the other hand hasn't put out anything in the last 28 years that I'd purposely play.

When AC comes on the radio, I turn it up. When Bowie comes on, I usually change the channel or turn it down. I can even listen to the worst of Alice over the best of Bowie.

Nothing else needs to be said, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.... thus my comment 2 posts back.

Cool! So you're a AC diehard, I'm a little more particular and understand that AC's greatest work lies in LITD thru BDB, with a nod to MOL.
Also want to give a small nod to EA. As a solo artist, things got increasingly mediocre after Nightmare.
To say those crush Bowie's output is somewhat ridiculous.
Now you may not understand or even like his works, but that is no reason to make a statement like yours.
Bowie has many highly respected albums and worked on many others albums that are also respected.
To each their own and rock on!!!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yep, to each their own. Just stating my own not-so-humble opinion ... which of course, is no more or less valid than anyone elses. ;)

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
Yep, to each their own. Just stating my own not-so-humble opinion ... which of course, is no more or less valid than anyone elses. ;)

Of course your opinion is valid, never would I suggest otherwise.
A band comes to mind that I also turn the station when they are on. I don't connect with them, yet they are highly respected and loved by many.
But other than a few songs, they just leave me cold.
But I would not say a band I love is better...all of this is subjective.
Oh yeah, the band is U2.
An open mind is always a good thing!

doswizard

"If you are going through hell, keep going"
Reaction score
Of course your opinion is valid, never would I suggest otherwise.
A band comes to mind that I also turn the station when they are on. I don't connect with them, yet they are highly respected and loved by many.
But other than a few songs, they just leave me cold.
But I would not say a band I love is better...all of this is subjective.
Oh yeah, the band is U2.
An open mind is always a good thing!

It's okay, nobody voted anyway...........

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
Cooper would win in a fist fight, but that's not surprising considering Bowie is dead. Being dead is a serious disadvantage in a fist fight.

Henry Rollins could beat either one of them, or even both, despite being a really crappy musician.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.