• David Bowie

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Alice Cooper

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
And anudder thing, the thread title is flawed as it does not distinguish whether the poll is for the Alice Cooper group or the solo artist.
They are two different entities and should be treated as such....IMHO.

doswizard

"If you are going through hell, keep going"
Reaction score
Well, that was a persona that Coop expounded upon for sure.
But on LITD and Killers they had their fair share of lighter hearted pop hits as well.
With Schools Out, they/he showed the love of musicals., not a lot of darkness there.
With BDB, they went full dark/theatrical.
As a solo artist he explored the theme again with Nightmare.
Things seemed to spiral downwards after that.
Bowie was always exploring, never really knew what the next album was to be like.
IMO, he pushed the envelope much more.

I can't help but appreciate this input of yours. It's a lot like summing up 'The Doors'

I caught on to Alice Cooper as a young listener and have never forgotten how much that music meant to me. One of My favorite, but not so obvious choices is 'No More Mr. Nice Guy!'

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
Big Coop group fan here, attempting to get the earliest vinyl pressings that I can locate, even three WLP's!
But if I had to list my fav (prob at gunpoint), it may be....

BTW, my first Coop album purchase was Killers...with hard eared (?) allowance money!

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
One thing I like about Alice Cooper is his consistency........

I just don't know why....but I always cringe when that one plays......just so un-Coop like!!!
But then it's on his first solo effort.

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
For what it's worth, originally Alice Cooper was the name of a band in which all the men wore dresses as a joke. Later, the lead singer changed his name from Vince Furnier to Alice Cooper, but he stopped wearing dresses. David Bowie was originally David Jones, but didn't want to be confused with a Monkee, so he named himself after a knife. He started out wearing men's clothes and switched to wearing dresses later.

Now, Vince Furnier in a dress fronting the band Alice Cooper looked ironic. David Jones cutting up as David Bowie wearing a dress was going for a full drag look. However, Alice Cooper's dresses were much more practical than David Bowie's dresses.

So I vote for Captain Beefheart.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online