Controversial or unpopular opinions

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It wasn't so much the fact they wanted to try nu metal, it was just that the execution sucked. lol

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I definitely hear Slipnot in God Hates Us All and Diablos in Musica

metalife

Reaction score
kanye-west.jpg

NO. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Oh, and I think this is a great album!

chinese-democracy.png

I agree. :)

metalife

Reaction score
To be fair its not fake, its scripted.

Cheers for that dude, and the blood is always real. Can't call that fake.

Back on track - I think Chris Jericho is a better musician that a wrestler.

Also, I think Iron Maiden's The X Factor was an awesome album.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Iron Maiden's song Virus is superb. I don't know if this is unpopular or not but I do know that the Blaze Bailey era is generally unpopular.

metalife

Reaction score
There's some good tunes on both of the albums Bailey did with Maiden. He certainly isn't Dickenson, but has his moments.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I find that song Man On The Edge a little hilarious though...

Once he built missiles a nation's defense
Now he can't even give birthday presents

:gig

metalife

Reaction score
I find that song Man On The Edge a little hilarious though...

Once he built missiles a nation's defense
Now he can't even give birthday presents

:gig

Inspired by the Micheal Douglas movie Falling Down (those lyrics are a big part of the characters motivation), like a lot of the songs on The X Factor - inspired by movies. Apocalypse Now, Lord of the Flies, etc.

Aero

Reaction score
I really enjoy George Michael's solo stuff and his voice in particular. And NO, I'm not talking about his Wham! pop era or his overly sexed out songs. He has sang a number of really beautiful jazzy, smooth, slow songs during his career... a lot of which appear on albums like Older, Patience and even some on Listen Without Prejudice. Also, when he sang Somebody To Love during the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, it was just the perfect version for me. His voice fit in like a glove! Eons better than Adam Lambert or whoever Queen is trying out right now. :heheh:

I'd agree with this. Praying For Time and Cowboys and Angles were great songs.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Hmmm, fun thread! Let me see if I can think of some.

I like the production on Death Magnetic... I've never had any problem with it.

I think The Breeders are way better than the Pixies. Pixies have some great ideas and I used to be really in awe of them, but I think at a closer look Francis is trying so hard to be quirky, that it becomes obnoxiously transparent. The Breeders are quirky as well but it seems like Kim either isn't trying as hard to be quirky, or she simply isn't as adept at it, because her music comes off as a lot more serious than Francis, even when she does a song that tries too hard, like When I Was a Painter.

I like Audioslave more than Soundgarden. Soundgarden for me was always just too traditional sounding. When I got into grunge, I already had an enormous classic rock collection and I liked grunge because it was something new for me. Soundgarden's more obvious classic rock influences worked against them and I found them more boring. That's also sort of how I feel about retro-rock bands. I do like The Black Crowes and Silvertide to an extent, but in my mind classic rock cannot be copied and any attempt to do so will result in failure. It had a special set of influences in the 60s & 70s, and anyone trying to recreate it outside of that bubble won't be able to hit the real nuances.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sundaytakako

Members online

No members online now.