Cirith Ungol (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Cirith Ungol

The most famous "Albino" warrior I know about is Elric of Melnibone a character from Michael Moorcock's series of books. That might be where the character on the covers is from.

There is no one like him in Tolkien's novel except for the "Undead" that Aragorn leads out of the mountains to drive the Corsairs from the Anduin river estuary.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I believe you are right, LG. I did a couple searches and it looks like that is Elric of Melniboné, Michael Moorcock’s sword-wielding albino warrior king. I found this in an album review on Encyclopaedia Metallum.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

sorry, about that.......code all fixed :) (and it was the best song off the album, IMHO)

Rocker440

Reaction score

A few more Cirith Ungol songs that I greatly like, enjoy and crank up!

Chaos Rising

Fallen Idols

A classic redone, CU style...
Fire (Arthur Brown)

CirithUngol_logo.jpg

:bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Great to see some enthusiasm in here! I'm quite surprised really and that's a good thing. I love the Frost and Fire album to death...really...it has to be my favorite.

Magic...did you get your CD after you saw the thread?? If so..that's awesome...glad to turn people onto these guys.

Here's a couple other favorites.

This has a real (Iggy Pop) punk feel as well as metal.

I love this tune!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am looking for that album MP, but so far no luck.:(

It's on my list though so I will eventually check it out properly.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Yep, MP, you get the credit for turning me on :flirt

:heheh:

I listened to Frost and Fire, but have decided I like King of the Dead more. I am working on listening to the other 2 albums, One Foot in Hell and Paradise Lost.......give ya my feed back laterz :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Well I must admit MetalPriest I was weary but after listening to all these songs I warmed up to this band. At first I noticed that they had a cool energy but nothing really grabbed me (actually I did like Join The Legion but it was between the two sets), then with the next batch I kind of found it comical that the guy screamed like a geeky AC/DC clone with longer notes but the music was good. It was the third batch that Magic posted with Finger Of Scorn (my favorite) I liked the most where they seemed to have more of a balance and it seemed like this was a band that developed it's craft with time! Even hearing their punkier sound with Edge Of A Knife was a pleasant surprise. I don't think this is a buyer for me man as this type of metal doesn't ingrain itself into my head but it was a cool read/listen! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:heheh:

In the end that's all that matters...here we can listen to all kinds of stuff for free. :grinthumb

Yeah I like the punk edge also on Edge Of A Knife. :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkhyts

Members online