Christian Rock

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Snakes, some of this stuff is pretty decent. It doesn't push the word of God down your throat, and a lot of these bands only have subtle hints at spirituality.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Skillet is the only Christian rock group I really listen to.....Though Creed is pretty damn close.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Well, I certainly have learned a lot from reading this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

The only bands I knew were Christian were Stryper and Creed. I never got into Stryper, but I like some of Creed's stuff. Another band I've heard people say is Christian is Live. They may be. Sometimes it's just hard to tell who is preaching the gospel, and who is doing some personal soul-searching. Maybe with Live it's a little of both.

Regardless, I'm not going to condemn these bands soley for being Christian rock bands. All I care about is if I like the music.

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well, I certainly have learned a lot from reading this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

The only bands I knew were Christian were Stryper and Creed. I never got into Stryper, but I like some of Creed's stuff. Another band I've heard people say is Christian is Live. Thay may be. Sometimes it's just hard to tell who is preaching the gospel, and who is doing some personal soul-searching. Maybe with Live it's a little of both.

Regardless, I'm not going to condemn these bands soley for being Christian rock bands. All I care about is if I like the music.

I love Live and in my opinion they are simply spiritual as in no denomination. After seeing them in concert though and seeing Ed go shirtless I think he worships himself the most! :lmao:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^^Not too bad, Shadow.

For those on the forum that like glam and hair bands:

Whitecross

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Stryper...

I asked if anyone knew them earlier in the thread lol, I don't know anything about them really, christian hair metal, or whatever they want to call themselves, I couldn't think of there name

Stryker, Streeker, Stripper, I was close =)

The sad thing is the ballad I embedded in post 28 is about Michael Sweet's wife who died of cancer back in March. She was diagnosed in 2007 so it went pretty quick. We as fans first really met her on their 1988 home video.

Here they are on Christian television talking about her situation. R.I.P.Kyle.

My Love My Life My Flame :wa:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^^^^ ACK!! What a heart wrenching story there.. :wa:

Isn't it?? Just terrible!

I should post a pick me up. Here American television got to see Stryper for the first time. I already had their two records and watched this program as it aired.

A couple first videos. Back in their glory years...no pun intended.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Staff online

Members online