Christian Rock

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just an update on this thread:

I was having a discussion about genre labels, and learned that christian rock is called "white metal or white rock"....learn something new everyday!!

I would much rather listen to white metal vs. black metal :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No, Switchfoot is an alternative rock / post-grunge band. But I really like Switchfoot :nana:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
My favorite band that is labeled under the Christian rock banner is

Anberlin!

anberlin2_475.jpg

The lead vocals are pure and crystalline and unlike any I've heard in rock period. The fact that the music is as heavy (not metal heavy) as it is agsainst such vocals makes for an awesome sound. The screaming they do have isn't half as nasally/whiny as most! The lyrics are spiritual but not hit you over the head with a brick obvious! You don't have to be religious to appreciate Anberlin! Just a music fan! :grinthumb

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3650&highlight=anberlin

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
lol someone told me paramore were christian rock...

Paramore a christian band???!!! How so, I wonder :huh:

Edit: Bry, I dont know Anberlin, but have heard of them. I will check them out since you like them, it seems I like alot of the same stuff you do :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I know this isn't a rock band but I don't think I'll ever make a thread for this guy and a Christian pop singer thread would be redundant. Anyway, after spending a thread talking about most early Christian rock/pop music being crap I've just realized that there is one I've come to appreciate over a period of time. Maybe I'm crazy but this song has a universal theme that most anyone can relate to and is a great well written song! I can see people who like artist like Richard Marx digging this!

Micheal W. Smith-Place In This World

Reaction score
I have some Jars of Clay cassettes, and a DC Talk Cassette, also, what was that one christian 80s metal band, I'm surprised you hadn't said it Magic, was it Stryker, Stryper? something with a "y" in it like that lol
I don't go to church much anymore, but you should have heard the band there, funniest thing I have ever heard.... it is so horrible, there is no redeeming factor to these people who think they can play/sing....

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I have some Jars of Clay cassettes, and a DC Talk Cassette, also, what was that one christian 80s metal band, I'm surprised you hadn't said it Magic, was it Stryker, Stryper? something with a "y" in it like that lol
I don't go to church much anymore, but you should have heard the band there, funniest thing I have ever heard.... it is so horrible, there is no redeeming factor to these people who think they can play/sing....

That's why I think things have gotten better. It used to be bands seemed to want to play something just to get a message out there and it was less about the music. Now it seems like legit musicians play mostly for the music but it's not taboo to have mainstream success and have a spiritual element in your music.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Members online