Chris Squire can name every note and chord

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
In this interview, we are gven an interesting insight into Chris Squire's playing and technique. But, what we also see is his ability to name every note and chord he ever played!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is amazing to me Martin...and Chris Squire is my pick for best bassist in rock music...ever. His live bass guitar solo was the best I have ever seen and one of the reasons I love that instrument is because he is almost like a lead guitarist in Yes, unlike so many other bands who bury this instrument in the basement.(Metallica anyone?...;))

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
When you write and record a song, you never forget the notes and chords you played. Plus if you know the music theory well enough, you are are to play not only major and minor chords on keyboard or guitar, but also diminished and augmented triads/sevenths. So it doesn't amaze me that much really. ;)

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
At his age, I think that's quite amazing. I'm not as old as he is and sometimes I think I would forget own my name if it wasn't on my driver's license.

Last edited:

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
That is amazing to me Martin...and Chris Squire is my pick for best bassist in rock music...ever. His live bass guitar solo was the best I have ever seen and one of the reasons I love that instrument is because he is almost like a lead guitarist in Yes, unlike so many other bands who bury this instrument in the basement.(Metallica anyone?...;))

I totally agree.:tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
He has said in other interviews that he based his style on John Entwistle.

Many bass players have always respected and mentioned John Entwhistle as a huge influence, but in Squire's case I think he surpassed John.

And Nolo...:heheh:...get back to me when you're 60+ years old, you will notice right off it takes a lot more work to remember Anything at that point.:gg:

:D

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Many bass players have always respected and mentioned John Entwhistle as a huge influence, but in Squire's case I think he surpassed John.

And Nolo...:heheh:...get back to me when you're 60+ years old, you will notice right off it takes a lot more work to remember Anything at that point.:gg:

:D

My music teacher is nearly 60 and he is able to recognise the chords as he has trained perfect pitch. If Chris does have a perfect pitch, he is able to do it even at his age.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online