Chiodos - Illuminaudio (2010)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Chiodos - Illuminaudio

62841.png

I'm not the best at giving album reviews, but i'll do my best to make this one fairly interesting. It's become one of my favorite albums in my library fairly quickly, so I figured a review were appropriate. Anyway, review time.

Illuminaudio is Chiodos's first release since Craig Owens was "removed" from the band. I at first was a little concerned that they wouldn't be able to keep that raw Chiodos sound that Craig Owens brought to the plate, but I think they did a great job in choosing Brandon Bolmer. He's a fantastic vocalist that keeps the good ol' sound of this band, but can still bring his own "pizazz". I won't say I like this album better than any of their earlier work, because Bone Palace Ballet was a great example of what Craig Owens brought to the band. Any Chiodos album is great for that matter. Anyway, moving on to some songs.

There is one song that continues to stick out further than any of the other songs off this album. That is "Closed Eyes Still Look Forward". I don't know what it is about this song, and I don't know why I like it so much. I do know that it is evident through Brandon's vocals that the emotion is supposed to run deep within the music, which is exactly what it does.

Granted, the whole album is filled with a lot of great songs, and the band as a whole really hit it out of the park. The first half specifically. Starts with Illuminaudio leading into Caves, one of the best transitions between two songs that i've heard in a long time.

All in all, this album is great. I don't know if I did it any justice with this review, I feel like I missed a lot. But, it's a review nonetheless.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Chiodos - Illuminaudio

Thanks buddy. I listen to it everyday. I can't get enough of it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yeah as you probably have witnessed, I'm a sucker for cinematic music...pop, metal, prog doesn't matter. Sucker for production and strings and all that. Sounds good.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Oh for sure. I myself don't really have a "deadset" genre that I listen to. I listen to pretty much everything, and if something "tickles my fancy", i'll dig it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

That's the best way...well at least the most fun way IMO. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Dude, that song is right up my alley and without even hearing the rest of the album I have a hunch that that's the song that would've stood out to me as well. Metal listed a lot of the traits that we have in common musically so that explains it but also I love when screamo bands tone it down and create pieces like that. Usually the best ballads come from bands that have that energy! I think it's because they are suppressing one area and the energy and emotion comes out in the other areas! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Dude, that song is right up my alley and without even hearing the rest of the album I have a hunch that that's the song that would've stood out to me as well. Metal listed a lot of the traits that we have in common musically so that explains it but also I love when screamo bands tone it down and create pieces like that. Usually the best ballads come from bands that have that energy! I think it's because they are suppressing one area and the energy and emotion comes out in the other areas! :grinthumb

I completely agree. I do love the screamo side as well, but when a band can create something so beautifully and emotionally enriching, it really says a lot about the band. Not to say every band should do a ballad like this, but I like when they do. It's those emotional songs that really get me attached to a band.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online