Chicago (Official Thread)

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Just recently got a show from Chicago 1982. No Kath but still a great show. Tons of hits with some great musicianship.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Did anyone ever see that footage of them when they were in the studio and invited John Wetton to jam? I wasn't familliar with the song they were doing but the fact that it all seemed so spontaneous yet really well done as well. I've liked them a lot since I was just old enough to remember anything.

I vividly remember being about 7 or so singing 'Feeling Stronger every Day'. I've seen them on a double bill with The Moody Blues but unfortunately that was in the 90s.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Been listening to a bit of Chicago the past few days. Man, they had such a wide range of music from the early stuff to the more pop-oriented tunes and ballads of the 80's.

Hard To Say I'm Sorry

Love this track, brings back some memories from the 80's for me.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^ I've always enjoyed their ballads, Lynchie. :grinthumb I also read that they're second only behind the Beach Boys among American bands in terms of Billboard success.

If You Leave Me Now

You're the Inspiration

Fever

Reaction score
I am probably going to see them with the Doobie Brothers this summer.I have seen them twice with Earth,Wind and Fire and once with Huey Lewis

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Another band that was still big when I first turned on the radio in the mid-70's.

I loved everything up till peter Cetera left, though the classic Kath era was by far the best.

I originally had the albums on cassette, and the mix was so muddy compared to the later remixes. You couldn't even hear Terry's guitar work on some songs.

The post-Cetera era started off OK, 18 was a pretty good album, but they never seemed to find a niche other than the ballads they started with around 16.

That said, when Stone of Sisyphus finally got released, I thought how much of a shame it was WB wouldn't let it out in 94.

This song reminds me a whole lot of the Hot Streets era.

While this one, left off the final release of SoS, is an incredible song, more adventurous than anything they had done in 20 years (at that point).

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
A new Chicago single, Somethin' Comin', I Know, is for sale on their website.

Well worth the $1.59.

It definitely feels like a late 70's era Chicago track. I hope this is the direction any new album would go.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Who's left in the band now??

A little Chicago goes a long way for me...I can't explain it but they never inspired me to collect all their records. I have their Debut, II, Hot Streets and a Greatest Hits CD and that's about it.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Yeah, the 70's era, even after Terry Kath's passing, was the best & most original work they did.

Lamm, Loughnane, Parazaider & Pankow are still involved, as far as founding members go. Scheff has been in the band since 1986. Champlin left the band a few years ago.

I'd really like to see all the surviving founders do something again, but I'm not holding my breath. If they can do more like this single & Stone of Sisyphus, it would be cool.

I did collect all their records at one time, 19 and beyond were not so good.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online