Bruce Willis Sues Apple over iTunes ownership

Berserker

Reaction score
People say the same thing about print media vanishing. Every year things go more digital but the other mediums aren't phased out like betamax just yet. I think two years might be a little hasty of a guess. I would say we have 5 years until hard copies are forced into obsolescence.

And as far as the Willis lawsuit, I don't pay for any music except concerts so hard for me to see where he is coming from. I'll bequeath my shit to whoever I want to without any red tape, the way it should be. To me it's like suing major league baseball for the right to record a game and show it to someone. You can do that whenever you want, it might not be legal but stop being such a pussy, no one cares.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
People say the same thing about print media vanishing. Every year things go more digital but the other mediums aren't phased out like betamax just yet. I think two years might be a little hasty of a guess. I would say we have 5 years until hard copies are forced into obsolescence.

And as far as the Willis lawsuit, I don't pay for any music except concerts so hard for me to see where he is coming from. I'll bequeath my shit to whoever I want to without any red tape, the way it should be. To me it's like suing major league baseball for the right to record a game and show it to someone. You can do that whenever you want, it might not be legal but stop being such a pussy, no one cares.

But surely when you're a multi millionaire celebrity people do care and are always out to sue and make an example of you/ take your money off you. That was probably his motivation.

Berserker

Reaction score
Sue them before he gets sued? Well, I hope he wins, but I still think it's slightly ridiculous.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
AppleSkull.jpg

Sums up how I feel about Apple.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I find it a little amusing some of you don't realize we are headed for downloads only, that Stephen Jobs and Google have been manipulating/shaping the market setting it up for exactly that purpose. To ween us off "hard physical copies" and depend on downloads and the "cloud" for everything.

That is very ambitious, and the intellectual/engineering to make it feasible is an incredible feat, but I am dead set against it.

This is the "Putting all your eggs in one basket" adage taken to the extreme, and although people from my generation see the danger, the youth of today do not, they are all about convenience/portability and course of least resistance therein lies the danger and the only reason this could succeed.

I have stopped buying CD's, maybe a handful of new albums coming out I will pick up but right now I'm buying and stocking my vinyl again because it is the ultimate when it comes to musical fidelity and holding the gatefold in your hands and being able to read the liner notes without squinting or a magnifying glass is great too.:D

I'd say less than ten years from now or even five Apple will have slid back into the mire from it's lofty perch and that will be a good thing.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am going to dread the day of being forced to download just to get my music.
I continue to support any record stores by buying as many cds I can.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You are an exception of course mighty Rattlehead...some young folks do feel the same as I do about all this but they are in the vast minority as the wave of people who are slaves to anything with Apple stamped on it continue to drive the market.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^You are an exception of course mighty Rattlehead...some young folks do feel the same as I do about all this but they are in the vast minority as the wave of people who are slaves to anything with Apple stamped on it continue to drive the market.

It is good to know there are some who share our view on this though. I have never been a fan for legal/digital downloads. I think that far from combats the illegal downloads in fact might even encourage more of it. Its too tempting for people to take it for free digitally as opposed to buying it plus having the booklet and the cd with it for me makes it far worth more when purchasing physical form. Nothing about digital purchases is appealing to me at all.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online