Boston VS Van Halen

Which Debut Album Is Better?

• Total voters

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
absolutely LOVE Boston's debut, but VH's debut is beyond legendary.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
GnR & VH are similar in style and attitude, and that gave a lot of people fits trying to decide in that poll which was a better debut.

Boston kept the same high quality slick production of their debut album throughout their career.

VH had a rougher edge at the start, did some morphing with a smoother, fuller sound as the band evolved.

Boston's debut is far more polished than VH's. Not saying it's better, just different.

I went with Boston, for no better reason than I took Van Halen over GnR in the other poll.

Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Easy one for me ...VH ..Bostons too soft and fluffy vocally for me even though it does rip musically, it's also way too over produced for my taste.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Boston by several universes. One of the better debut albums by anyone and cover to cover gold.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Boston has a production which sounds sharp and clear even by today's computerised standards. Every song/track is strong and flows from one to the other seamlessly (in the cassette order). Add to this Brad Delp's glorious voice, Tom Scholtz's superb guitar work and a band that has honed its skills in the clubs for years before committing to vinyl. Van Halen's first is okay, but it doesn't compare to this masterpiece.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online