Boston - Don't Look Back (Rate this album)

How would you rate Don't Look Back on a scale of 10?

• 10: Classic

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 9: Superb

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 8: Excellent

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 4: Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3: Very poor

• 2: Bad

• 1: Awful

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I rated it a 5 - average. Some good songs but they said what they had to say on the first album, in my opinion.

He considers it rushed, two years after their debut? In the '70s, two years was a long time between albums.

For Tom "the perfectionist" Scholz, 2 years really is rushed.

It would be another 8 years till Third Stage, another 8 years till Walk On, another 8 years till Corporate America and another 11 years till Life, Love & Hope.

Mind you, he could have cut those increments down to 4-6 years if he wasn't tilting at corporate windmills and filing lawsuits.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I went with Excellent. It's Boston's second best album and at least half of it is every bit as good as the debut, the rest is just really good 70's Boston.

wisertime

Keep on Truckin'
Reaction score
I gave it an 8 because there are just too many moments of awesome on that album. Also, I think it's the first album I ever bought, so, nostalgia. Which, of course, renders my vote moot. Heh.

the ferret

Reaction score
Better than the debut (a fine album but nowhere near as good as its reputation), not as excellent as Third Stage which is a wonderful record.

Reaction score
Boston sent the first (Demo) to Eddie Kramer to produce and engineer. He told Tom Scholz, what do you want me to do to it, It's great as it is and sent it back.

crjames

Reaction score
Listened to Third Stage last night. I didn't realize that there was an 8 year gap between that and Don't Look Back. Was it just touring and typical life changes for the long period?

Boston were much more forward thinking in production and innovation then most bands of that era. Tom Scholz is a genius. Thats probably why they are my fave 70s band or in the top 3.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
I have this and thier 1st album and I would rate this as a 9 (Not as good as thier first at all)

In my opinion thier FIRST 2 ALBUMS are the best....... Third stage is crap in my opinion..... (Not the boston I remember)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online