Bon Jovi to finish tour without Richie Sambora

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Although Sambora is an integral part of Bon Jovi, it would be far easier to replace him in the middle of a world tour than Jon Bon Jovi himself, I have always maintained for better or worse in the majority of bands it's the lead singer that provides the signature sound.

Also this is not like cancer or a serious medical illness, this is about lack of self control and addiction and a relapse. While I agree with Groovy about him being in a bad way and needing to take care of his demons, when you are part of a band they have an even bigger responsibility to keep touring for their fans.

I am sure that a replacement guitarist can be found to fill in for now, finish the tour and that would be far better for everyone than canceling the rest of the concerts.

Bob, if I were you I would still go, they might never be back your way again so take this opportunity to see them live.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I never knew Phil X replaced Rik Emmet years ago...:peek

I trust JBJ to make the right decision here, even though Triumph was a harder rock band than Bon Jovi.

Fever

Reaction score
Some new concert footage

All the clips I have found seen to been just on Jon and show very little of the band.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not surprising, he could replace the whole band and as long as he's fronting them hardly anyone would take note...except the hardcore fans of course.

Fever

Reaction score
I never knew Phil X replaced Rik Emmet years ago...:peek

I trust JBJ to make the right decision here, even though Triumph was a harder rock band than Bon Jovi.

I would be more upset seeing Triumph without Rik Emmett than Bon Jovi without Sambora:grinthumb

Fever

Reaction score
Not surprising, he could replace the whole band and as long as he's fronting them hardly anyone would take note...except the hardcore fans of course.

That is so true.And could be said for a lot of bands out there.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I would be more upset seeing Triumph without Rik Emmett than Bon Jovi without Sambora:grinthumb

I saw Triumph ages ago on the Just A Game tour, and Rik Emmett was amazing.:bow:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yes, his drinking problem again...third time. Makes me think that rehab is a scam.

Rehab ~can~ work if you want it to. Problem is with celebrities it's nothing more than a vacation and a place where they are pampered and told "it's not your fault" when a comment like that couldn't be further from the truth.

Man the F up and quit if you really want to. First, you have to want to. Second, see the first thing you need to do (be double clear what you need to do). Third, if you can't do it on your own, seek REAL help, not celebrity day-care.

Sorry to hear that he's off the road for a bit, but if he's truly seeking to get healthy and sober, then good for him. His guitar work can be replaced. I say that a long-time, big fan of his guitar abilities, but his vocal harmonies will be missed far more. Everything that Michael Anthony is (was) to Van Halen, Richie Sambora is that and more to Bon Jovi.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online