Bon Jovi (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Jon Bon Jovi Says Richie Sambora ‘Can Return When He Is Ready to Die Every Night’

Bon-Jovi-Richie-Sambora-Larry-Busacca.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Jon Bon Jovi still isn’t going on the record about the circumstances that led to Richie Sambora‘s abrupt departure from Bon Jovi‘s most recent tour, but he insists the door is wide open for Sambora’s return.

“He’s not fired, we didn’t have a fight, it certainly isn’t about money,” Bon Jovi told the U.K.’s Daily Mirror tabloid in a recent interview. So when can fans expect to see Sambora back in the lineup? “We go back 30 years,” Bon Jovi explained. “He can return when he is ready to die every night the way I walk on the stage. It’s different without Richie. No one’s mad, no one’s sad.”

All those good vibes haven’t necessarily led to a lot of communication between Sambora and his partner, however. Recalling the night Sambora left the tour, Bon Jovi explained, “We were all in Calgary, Richie was going to turn up on show day but we went the night before because it’s a long flight. At 3:30 P.M. on show day, the phone rang, and it was Paul the manager, and he said ‘Guess what?,’ and he didn’t even have to finish the sentence. I said, ‘You’re kidding.’ We went on that night. I haven’t seen Richie since.”

The band had previously toured without Sambora during a stint in rehab for the guitarist, which Bon Jovi says worked in their favor this time around. “Fortunately because we had been through it before, we performed that night. We couldn’t let down the fans,” he pointed out. And although he reaffirmed his love for Sambora, he admitted he’s “spoken to him once in six weeks and 18 shows” since the incident.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Didn't Richie make some sort of comment about Jon treating him (and perhaps the other band members) like shit and he was sick and tired of it?

If that was the case, it's not hard to understand why Richie hasn't spoken to Jon since he walked out.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I don't want to speculate but it's almost hard to imagine Jon not treating his band like s*** right??

I get that vibe just watching him sing. I love the albums but do not own any DVD's by them. Hard to watch and read the face expressions.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Goes with the territory MP, it's Bon Jovi's band, his name, his "sex appeal" has helped keep the band going over the years as well as the music.

If he is bullying the band then I can understand Sambora walking away without a word.

Have to add I don't have a single Bon Jovi record in the house.:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Having a leader is always necessary.....and Jon fits that bill. Sambora has had too many addiction issues to even be considered a leader. On the other hand, Sambora is a major song writer for Bon Jovi, so the band will definitely suffer in his absence. Maybe this is another one of those addiction issues....:dunno:

Richie knows he can't make it solo, everything he has done to date has tanked.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Richie Sambora on Bon Jovi Split: ‘Enough With the Trash Talking’

Richie-Sambora.jpg

SOURCE LINK

After laying low for a few weeks, Richie Sambora has decided to speak up about his recent departure from the Bon Jovi lineup — and it sounds like fans may need to start preparing for the possibility that he may never return.

Sambora knows there’s been a lot of speculation regarding his reasons for splitting during the band’s latest tour, and although he won’t specifically address what led to his departure, he sounded upbeat during an interview with the U.K.’s ‘Daily Mail.’ “I don’t have any major problems in life right now,” he insisted. “I love my fans, and I feel bad for them at the moment. Bottom line.”

Lack of major life problems notwithstanding, Sambora did allow that his relationship with longtime bandmate Jon Bon Jovi is currently strained. “My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself,” Sambora mused. “He is making it very difficult for me to come back.” Perhaps referencing Bon Jovi’s recent interview with the ‘London Evening Standard,’ he added a warning: “Enough with the trash talking! Jon needs to stop talking about me publicly.”

While the two work out whatever their differences are, Sambora insisted he’s keeping himself occupied with other business ventures. “I am fine working very hard on my fashion company Nikki Rich,” he concluded, “and this is a private matter.”

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Bon Jovi Concert Cancelled After Torres’ Emergency Surgery

Tico.jpg

Source Link

Bon Jovi‘s Sept. 10 concert in Mexico City had to be called off after drummer Tico Torres was rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy.

“Thankfully, the operation was a success and Tico is now recovering in the care of his doctors at the American British Cowdray Hospital,” singer Jon Bon Jovi reported on the band’s official website. “We’d like to thank the doctors, nurses and all the hospital staff who helped our friend through this difficult time.”

According to Gossip Extra, Torres began experiencing severe pain just before the band was due to leave for their performance. Although he bravely tried to postpone a trip to the hospital until after the show, wiser heads prevailed, and luckily the surgery was done before his appendix burst.

Bon Jovi goes on to explain that the band will stay with Torres until he is released from the hospital, and apologizes that this may jeopardize some upcoming shows: “We are sorry for any inconvenience this sudden change of plans may have caused. We’ll re-schedule any dates that we can and will continue the tour through December.”

We’re sure that all Bon Jovi fans agree that the band is right to focus on Torres’ health, and we wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online