Bon Jovi (Official Thread)

Tangerine

Reaction score
It's been my favourite band for years!!! (before I "met" Pink Floyd...) I saw them in Philly and realised my dream... But I can't stand the new stuff...

dcj

Reaction score
I,ve been a huge Jovi fan since the 1st album,saw them on tour with KISS in 84 and I,ve seen them on every tour since(apart from the Bounce tour). But really cant be bothered to listen to them much nowdays. They just dont put enough effort into recording new music anymore and theres only so many versions of "Its My Life" style songs I can stand.
I think the ticket pricing for a Jovi show has alienated a lot of fans too,I paid £90 for a gold circle ticket last year only to find that was a £200 diamond circle in front of that at the show. For that we got a 2 hour run of the mill show in pouring rain and then the night after in London they played a 3 hour show where they played their hearts off.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Just thought I'd drop a note in this thread.

Watching the 12-12-12 show, the Missus commented that Jon Bon Jovi has only become more handsome with age, and that he's still sexy.

I don't know about the sexy part, but he certainly has aged better than most 'rock stars'. I think that's because he's done it right.

The guy married his high school sweetheart, never left N.J., bought into the local sports, and has always helped people. And he's done all this with a minimum amount of hoopla and fanfare. Yes, he's used his celebrity at times to shed light on causes that normally wouldn't get noticed. But he's done it in a low key way, making sure the cause didn't get overshadowed by the celeb.

His first album was released (WOW!) almost 29 years ago, and in all the time since, I've never heard of any kind of mischief or poor attitude from him.

Even though I like his stuff ok enough to have maybe 8-10 songs, I don't own any albums. I do have a lot of respect for the guy, though.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Good post. Possibly the best rocker to ever put out an entire album of power ballads (Slippery When Wet) He's a class act in a lot of ways, and as you say been flawless in his conduct as a performer, a father, and a husband. I've seen them a few times and it isn't true that their audience is mainly women with a crush on Jon, it's about a 50/50 male/female split. The thing I like most about him is his involvement in community affairs, I don't know how many millions of $ him and the band have invested in housing projects and the like, great music, great person.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Announced as the Saturday night headliner at the 2013 Isle of Wight Festival.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online