Bomber as rock star? Rolling Stone cover outrage

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
do you think they'd have put the bomber on the front cover if he was overweight , ugly and about 60 years old?

Overweight, ugly and about 60 is a good thing.

9428722641_57a8d6a5b4.jpg

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
It is indeed. Could not agree more. But that's not what sells cover.

oh, I don't know. I don't subscribe, but if I were in an airport and saw this on the cover of a magazine, I might buy it, just to see what Neil's been up to.

I know for a fact I wouldn't buy it if that bomber kid was on the cover.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
I was outraged at first, but when I thought about it for a while... Rolling Stone is as much a news/political magazine as it is a music magazine. I don't think it should be, but unfortunately it is. A great many of their covers are political. I wouldn't have a problem with someone like this on the cover of Newsweek or Time, so I can't say there's a problem on Rolling Stone either.

I'm with you on this one. People hear Rolling Stone and they think automatically it's only about music when in reality it's not. They've always been political. And the story is kind of a warning. Just because they look cute and could be the boy next door doesn't mean they're not monsters behind that mask.

But having said that, I understand why people would be outraged. I think it came out a little too soon.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fungusexodus

Members online