Bomber as rock star? Rolling Stone cover outrage

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this qualified as 'music news' or not, or if it needs to be moved somewhere else.

Bomber as rock star? Rolling Stone cover outrage

The magazine doesn't come out until tomorrow, so we only have the cover.

9314076445_fde06fcc91_z.jpg

From a 'first look' perspective, I have to admit, my very first thought was that it was some young, new artist.

That's the complaint most have. The way RS is presenting the guy, making him look hip and cool or whatever.

However, you can see the bottom part of the cover is cut off, and I'm guessing right under the word 'The', is probably 'Bomber'. I'm guessing this was intentional, for this article, to get their point across. It worked on me. Like I said, I thought it was a musician.

I don't subscribe to RS, and the main reason is the political content found in their magazine. Not that I agree or disagree with their views, I just don't care at all about politics.

It does feel (to me, anyway) insensitive the victims, their family and friends, to put this guy on the cover this way. Like I said, I thought it was some young, up and coming artist.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Fate of this bastard must be impalement or the fry-up alive to simmer, but not place on a cover of "Rolling Stone". The one, who proposed the idea of ​​that cover, thought clearly not brain. In which world we live!? Muslim terrorists are proclaimed superstars! new_xmas.gif

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Looks like a tawdry attempt to gain publicity for the magazine to me, won't work I don't read RS anymore and haven't for decades.

The Constitution legislates freedom of the press, but doesn't enforce good taste or intelligence unfortunately.

I think this will hurt RS far more than help them in the long run.:nw:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'd forgotten about Chuck...but calling him the most dangerous man alive even back in the day is a bit of a stretch...:hm:

I think they had a Patty Hearst cover too, when she was "brainwashed" in the SLA after being kidnapped.:think:

johnson33445

Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand the outrage. We've had magazine covers before with Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, Charles Manson, et al. Where was the outrage at that time?

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
johnson33445, appropriate people were outraged and in those times, simply apparently, the authorities "Rolling Stone" magazine - are clinical morons. 2_sm5.gif

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online