Blue Oyster Cult (Official Thread)

N

netrate

Re: Blue Oyster Cult

I looked at the set list for quite a few BOC shows after seeing them at Art Park and was surprised to see that they never played "Veterans of a 1000 psychic wars". Is a particular reason for this? Is it because of Michael Moorcock and the rights to the song?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

This will always be one of my favorite tunes. I don't think I had ever heard this song before seeing the animated film Heavy Metal.

Great song and it worked well for that film.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I looked at the set list for quite a few BOC shows after seeing them at Art Park and was surprised to see that they never played "Veterans of a 1000 psychic wars". Is a particular reason for this? Is it because of Michael Moorcock and the rights to the song?

No as far as I remember they were all good friends back in the early days. I can't see any writer being miffed if some of their ideas or story lines are used by a band, as long as they asked first of course.

I have no explanation why they don't play that particular song, band preference or perhaps they just don't like how it plays live...:think:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
They have played Veteran live before ..it's on Extraterrestrial Live and I have seen then play it at least once, maybe twice, out of the 8 times I have gone to see them.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I saw them in the early 80's and can't remember if they played "Veteran..." or not, but it was the support tour for Fire of Unknown Origin so maybe they did and I am gettin' senile and forgot.;)

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
blueoystercultonflamewi.jpg

Bought this cd a few ys ago at the walmart $4 bin,Good compilation but missing alot of good tunes,Here's whats on it.

Don't fear the reaper
Transmaniacon MC
Cities on flame With rock&roll
Kick out the jams--Live
R.U. Ready to rock
Career of evil
Godzilla
Burnin' for you
Dominance&Submission
Death valley nights

(edit)Really wish it would have had this one on it
E.T.I