Blue Oyster Cult (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That's not a bad compilation but it is missing so Many great BOC songs, and R.U. Ready To Rock and Death Valley Nights are not two songs I would put on a proper BOC hits package. They're okay but not their best tracks by any stretch of the imagination.

rtbuck

Reaction score
They just played a 40th anniversary show in NY & they played 2 sets. During the 2nd set Allen Lanier & the Bouchard Brothers joined them onstage.

The last 2 times I saw them over the past 4 years and on their Long Days Night DVD they really jam the hell out of Last Days Of May & it is now one of my favorites.

I see they just released a box set of 16 cd's & 1 Dvd ...it looks tempting but I do have a lot of their cd's (although there are a lot of remasters including On Your Feet or On Your Knees...)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
They just played a 40th anniversary show in NY & they played 2 sets. During the 2nd set Allen Lanier & the Bouchard Brothers joined them onstage.

The last 2 times I saw them over the past 4 years and on their Long Days Night DVD they really jam the hell out of Last Days Of May & it is now one of my favorites.

I see they just released a box set of 16 cd's & 1 Dvd ...it looks tempting but I do have a lot of their cd's (although there are a lot of remasters including On Your Feet or On Your Knees...)

I have all their CDs and and 6 of their vinyl releases. Working on my BOC vinyl now. Love the wild extended lead orientated version of Last Days of May they have been playing live for the last decade or so.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have all their CD's already and am never buying another "remastered" special collectors edition again. The DVD if it's available separately would be okay.

Like DKW I'm trying to get their early vinyl records, the one I'm having trouble finding is "Secret Treaties",,,I will probably go on e-bay and buy a copy, I have never seen one in the 2nd hand shops here.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Between Vinyl & CD I do have everything but on CD I don't have anything after Extraterrestial Live & I don't have 'On Your Feet...' or Spectres either on CD. The other thing I want from the box set is they have one disc that is a best of Radio Concert Broadcasts.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Seems like a lot of money to spend if all you need is 3 of the albums Bucky...but if you are a hardcore fan then I know you will eventually get everything you want.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Good song Squidbilly, the first 3 BOC albums are excellent, got Secret Treaties on vinyl a month ago but haven`t seen the debut or Tyranny & Mutation in my travels, but I`ll keep on looking.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Good song Squidbilly, the first 3 BOC albums are excellent, got Secret Treaties on vinyl a month ago but haven`t seen the debut or Tyranny & Mutation in my travels, but I`ll keep on looking.
I figured Cosmic would be able to help ya out on that but I guess ya miss out on all the fun of the Hunt:heheh:
Im still stuck with cd's for now,I agree with ya on the remasters,Very dishartening to get one&it dosn't sound the same as when ya had the same album/record/vinyl as ya remember back in the day:uh:
Been going through albums on youtube&its a curse&a blessing all at the same time,I like to listen to them on my stereo but in turn it dosn't do me any good when im in my truck:D
2 from Cultasarurus Erectus
Blue Oyster Cult-Deadline

Blue Oyster Cult-Lips in the hills

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online