Blodwyn Pig & Mick Abrahams (Official Thread)

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning
Re: Blodwyn Pig & Mick Abrahams

A couple more European picture sleeves. Same songs but I reckon the one on the left is French and the other is possibly Portugese.

5494_1.jpg Bloodwyn122.jpg

The Toggery were one of Mick Abrahams' first bands. This one I understand is a Dutch picture sleeve. Mick is second from the right at the back.

Toggerydutch45.jpg

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score

Found another Blodwyn boot on the web. Only have the image at present so I can't comment on sound quality.

Cassette only release from a gig at the Half Moon, Putney

19.jpg

This is a limited edition "official" taster for the band from 1989/90 when they were in the process of attempting to get some gigs.

18.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Some great shots their Jeffrey, I remember the Ahead Rings Out album but that is about it for Bloodwyn Pig as far as my knowledge goes.

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score

Imo Blodwyn Pig (in all of its line-ups) and Mick Abrahams in partcular, is one of the most underated talents of British blues/rock etc. Had there been a little more "push" by one of the major labels on their behalf then great things would have happened for them. I think Mick would be the first to agree that he hasn't helped his cause that much and although in the last few years he has released some excellent albums, albeit with little promotion, he has also had some right "stinkers" issued in his name - little more than authorised sub standard bootlegs.

I fear that with his recent illness (a heart attack/stroke) we may have seen the best from him although, in fairness, his best is one of the audio delights that we here in the UK produce from time to time. Never a fashionable performer but a solid and consumate musician who loves the music he plays and the fans who have travelled his musical journey with him. In turn the fans have always appreciated the music and have enjoyed every minute of it. This is one of those fans - a musical experience I shall treasure until the end of my days.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I now have a copy of "Ahead Rings Out", haven't had time to play it yet but I am anticipating something good after Jeffrey's glowing tribute to the band.:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online