Blodwyn Pig & Mick Abrahams (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Blodwyn Pig & Mick Abrahams

Out of my area code Jeffrey, we have a couple of members who live near Missouri so maybe they will know this classic rock station.

Great logo too.:tup:

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

Seems that KSHE used the Blodwyn Pig logo in different ways.

1203cover.jpg
591-6.jpeg

Tom Wilkes is credited as designing the US "target" album cover and the design for the UK cover is credited to John Williams so I would assume that John Williams is the one who should be claiming royalties from KSHE :oyea:

Last edited by a moderator:

Velvetclown

Banned
Reaction score

Another Pig, this is Swedish, Flasket Brinner = The Pork Is Burning

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score

Now this is a bit of a mystery. Sometime in 1970, possibly in the summer of that year, Mick Abrahams left Blodwyn Pig and was replaced by Peter Banks.

Shortly afterwards Larry Wallis was added to the lineup but by late 1970 the band split after I believe three or four gigs and possibly a BBC radio session.

This is the only photo I can find of Blodwyn Pig minus Mick Abrahams.

BlodwynpigpostMA.jpg

The mark II lineup was therefore:
Peter Banks (guitar), Ron Berg (drums), Jack Lancaster (saxophones), Andy Pyle (bass) and Larry Wallis (vocals & guitar)

Andy Pyle is on the right of the photo and I reckon that Ron Berg is second from the right with Jack Lancaster on the left. If anyone can definately identify who is who in the photo it would be great. :cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Sorry my friend I can't help you out with your quest...:dunno:

joe

Reaction score

Mick Abrahams left the band in 1970 and released his s/t solo album in 1971. Larry Wallis and Peter Banks came in. They toured for a short while under the name Blodwyn but broke up shortly after.

No question that's Peter Banks second from the left. I can't see him fitting in with the style of music of Blodwyn Pig. Maybe that's why it never materialised. Larry Wallis went onto UFO, Pink Faries, and Motorhead. Berg and Pyle went on to a short stint with Savoy Brown and then to Juicy Lucy for the recording of "Pieces" from 1972 which was awful.

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score

Mick Abrahams left the band in 1970 and released his s/t solo album in 1971. Larry Wallis and Peter Banks came in. They toured for a short while under the name Blodwyn but broke up shortly after.

No question that's Peter Banks second from the left. I can't see him fitting in with the style of music of Blodwyn Pig. Maybe that's why it never materialised. Larry Wallis went onto UFO, Pink Faries, and Motorhead. Berg and Pyle went on to a short stint with Savoy Brown and then to Juicy Lucy for the recording of "Pieces" from 1972 which was awful.
Thanks for the info Joe :cheers2

I know Andy Pyle re-united with Mick in later manifestations of BP and I think also recorded with him on some of Mick's later albums.

Wasn't Pete(r) Banks something to do with Yes at some stage?

joe

Reaction score

Peter Banks was the first guitarist for Yes and was replaced by Steve Howe after thier second album. He then formed Flash, very similar to the sound of Yes. The vocalist very reminescent of Jon Anderson. After three albums the band folded and he released a solo album titled The Two Sides of Peter Banks(1973). A fantastic album with contributions from Jan Hammer, John Wetton, Phil Collins amongst others. He then formed Empire which sounded similar to Flash with his wife Sydney Foxx on vocals. Phil Collins played on the first album. The band recorded three albums between '74-'78 and were re-issued on CD in the late '90's. He released several more solo in the '90's.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online