Black Stone Cherry (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Black Stone Cherry

^^^ Gobsmacked sums up the way I felt on hearing the albums LG, maybe it's because as you say "they are my kind of rock" that they appeal to me so much. Whatever the reason they can certainly deliver the goods.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I've heard of these guys, but never paid attn to them until today. I watched all of the vids in this thread, every song is a good song.

I think that Soul Creek is my favorite of the ones listed. I've heard Lonely Train before on the radio, but never know the name of the song OR who sang it.

I wasn't sure about Rain Wizard in the first few moments of the video, sounds kinda tinny and crappy, but then it started rocking. Definitely a cool tune and I can definitely hear some Sabbath influence in there.

Bottom line, I will DEFINITELY be purchasing both of their studio albums in the future. This is some good music, possibly the best "new" music I've heard in years. Thanks for this thread. And for any, and I mean ANY artist out there who thinks that Youtube is stealing your music, you are ****ing FOOLS. Black Stone Cherry is going to get a couple of sales from me BECAUSE of youtube. LG bought on CD already. Not sure who else has or will... but screw you and your thoughts on stealing.

Thank you [/soapbox]

Reaction score

:lmao:
make that three sales Lynch.. actually I'll probably buy used on Amazon or something, but either way, someone profits... but I agree this band takes enough influence, is original, and has a good sound with a good vibe, definitely one of the best newer bands I've heard:grinthumb

Julie

Reaction score

Yes I like them! Thanks for this. They don't really sound 2000-y, eh?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ That's a good point Julez, I get a 70's - early 80's vibe and like Groovy Man said there is a Southern Rock slant as well.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Honestly this band sounds like they stepped right out of the early mid-70's to me. I have played their ST album 3 times already.:bow:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Great thread Sox, I have their first album, I will have to have another listen to it, saw them live, very good live imo. Will have to dig out their other stuff sometime.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I think along with Dream Theatre they were the stand out band at Donnington last year Sweat. I think Chris Robertson has a hell of a voice, he can warble with the very best of them IMO.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online

No members online now.