Black Sabbath (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
^ I got Tyr several months ago, for the third or fourth time (I kept managing to scratch that one).

Now it's ripped & I listen to music on the computer and in the Jeep, so the physical copy is safe.

Probably my favorite of the Tony Martin albums along with Headless Cross.

I had a hard time finding a new copy on ebay that wasn't $50, but I ended up paying around $20.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's what I do. Rip the CD's so I don't have to use the disc. Quality is not different to me and I ain't picky like most people are about quality so that works for me.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I haven't got the new Sabbath yet but will soon, I may pick up copies of the ones I don't have, will have to have a look at some prices:)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I have a pretty decent DVD called "History of Black Sabbath,Vol.1" chronicling the bands 1969-79 hey day.Great videos along with personal insights from three quarters of the group.Oddly enough,the one quarter missing from that equation was Ozzy,but the input of the others,particularly Tony Iommi,more than compensates for this.My personal fave here is a live version of "War Pigs",in particular Bill Ward's exhaustively passionate drum fills!

Khor1255

Reaction score
From what I understand Ozzy was kind of the red headed stepchild of the band originally. Iommi in particular seemed more to tolerate him rather than be thrilled to have him as a singer. This could explain why he was noticeably absent from the interviews.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Second listen: a bit more positive. Good songs: End of The Beginning and Live Forever. Still not positive all the way.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
That's what I do. Rip the CD's so I don't have to use the disc. Quality is not different to me and I ain't picky like most people are about quality so that works for me.

Most of those were before I had the ability to rip my CD's or anything outside of one computer to play them on. Now I have the home computer, work computer & the unit in the Jeep w/a 30GB hard drive.

I still buy the physical CD whenever possible, for the highest quality I can get.

I wonder, has anyone here ripped a lot of vinyl? Does that sound you crave in the vinyl record carries over to an .mp3?

I did several Lucifer's Friend records & the first two Quiet Riot records that were only ever made in vinyl. I think they sound as good as any CD ripped .mp3, though I made the effort to get the best rip I could.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Still waiting for the new album to arrive, I always put my CD's onto my iPod, I do them lossless now which takes up loads of space but sounds better. By putting hem straight on to my player I get to listen to hem quicker but love to have them to be able to play when I want. Still looking at getting all the other sabs albums I don't have:)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I've never ripped vinyl. I'm a bit wary of ripping to a laptop. If I get it wrong, any power would damage the laptop. I would have to connect the turntable phono plugs to jack plugs for the sockets on the laptop.

I have thought of ripping CDs to WAV files rather than mp3s for my portable player.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online