Reaction score
Re: The Black Crowes

From the DVD ''Cabin Fever''...

Shady Grove

Worth the watch...

''Cabin Fever'' trailer #1

MP Edit: Video removed from Youtube

''Cabin Fever'' trailer #2

Cabin Fever was an innovative recording session where Before The Frost... Until The Freeze was recorded over a series of five nights at Levon Helm Studios. The sessions were filmed in front of an intimate live audience and allows the viewer into the recording studio with the band. Songwriting sessions are revealed and lots of never before seen banter and behind the scenes footage is shown.

Chris Robinson had this to say about the Cabin Fever sessions:
"I think we fulfilled a musical commitment to continue on the golden road of artistic independence. Approaching 20 years into our careers, we still are ambitious enough to push ourselves to create something unique that we have never done before." (amazon.com)

November 2009

ph_or_23592_3c1417e.jpg

Last edited:

ecisgod

Reaction score

From the DVD ''Cabin Fever''...

Shady Grove

Worth the watch...

''Cabin Fever'' trailer #1

MP Edit: Video removed from Youtube

''Cabin Fever'' trailer #2

Cabin Fever was an innovative recording session where Before The Frost... Until The Freeze was recorded over a series of five nights at Levon Helm Studios. The sessions were filmed in front of an intimate live audience and allows the viewer into the recording studio with the band. Songwriting sessions are revealed and lots of never before seen banter and behind the scenes footage is shown.

Chris Robinson had this to say about the Cabin Fever sessions:
"I think we fulfilled a musical commitment to continue on the golden road of artistic independence. Approaching 20 years into our careers, we still are ambitious enough to push ourselves to create something unique that we have never done before." (amazon.com)

November 2009

ph_or_23592_3c1417e.jpg

Very nice Groovy Man, I personally own this DVD (cost only $15). Its awesome highlights for me are: Shine Along,Appaloosa,Roll Old Jeremiah,Garden Gate and my personal favorite tune Good Morning Captain

:cheers2

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I liked the first couple of Black Crowes albums, but haven't gotten into any of them since then. I also thought that Chris Robinson had very little class, constantly mouthing off about other bands in literally every single print and radio interview he did the first few years they were on the scene. (Doesn't mean I don't like his music and voice, though).

An aside: Is it just me or does the opening riff of "Interstate Love Song" (by STP) sound a little too much like The Black Crowes single "Remedy"?

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Quality band.!!.....I too own and love the first two BLACK CROWES albums.......saw them "live" in their heydey...very impressive!

What album since these would you strongly recommened? :grinthumb

great track!.....Ive neglected them for too long...

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Sonic band Lou I watched them in Sheffield years ago and they were fantastic, brilliant musicians.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I liked the first 2 or 3 studio albums by the Crowes, but kind of stopped following them after that aside from the Crowes/Page CD shown below, which was a hell of a good listen.

51F14RMY29L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ecisgod

Reaction score

Quality band.!!.....I too own and love the first two BLACK CROWES albums.......saw them "live" in their heydey...very impressive!

What album since these would you strongly recommened? :grinthumb

great track!.....Ive neglected them for too long...

I would recommend the last 2 albums... Warpaint and the latest Double CD before the Frost and until the freeze. I honestly feel that the Crowes are at their best right now! I love the Groovy sounds and Luther is an amazing slide guitar player and I love what he brings!

Last edited:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Yeah ! I love The Black Crows !

They remind me of when I was first dating my x-hubby lol/ the happier days of course !:grinthumb

Chris Robinson got that bluesy,rock-a-billy thing and the energy of Jagger ...
Brother Richie Robinson is a very underrated musician who excellently compliments his brothers hyperness with his calm yet rocking playing !

this is one of my favorite all time songs

JEALOUS AGAIN !

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I love this band and a great thread, I have seen them many a time and they are a great bunch of musicians. I have all their albums and look forward to hearing their apparent swansong this year, should be good.

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score

I used to live in Marietta Ga. when the Robinson brothers were going to high school there (my middle school band director was the band director at their high school while they were there...come to think of it, my ex-wife went there too...she was a senior when Chris R. was a freshman).

I saw them back when they were still called Mr. Crowe's Garden, and I saw them again a few years ago. (the new guitarist from the Mississippi All Stars was a good choice for them).

They did a fantastic job backing up Jimmy Page, I don't think Jimmy could have picked a better-suited band to tour with him for the Zep material. I'm proud to be from the same county as the Robinson Bros.!

Sad to hear that the Crowes are coming to an end, first I've heard about that, Sweaty.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online