BILL WARD Removed From Photos On BLACK SABBATH's Official Web Site

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
He's not currently in the band, so why would they keep photos of him on there? No different to Metallica's site not including band shots of Jason Newsted. Why would you?

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
He's not currently in the band, so why would they keep photos of him on there? No different to Metallica's site not including band shots of Jason Newsted. Why would you?

A good point ...I just read all the drama and took it to mean that they had removed Bill from their entire website not just the photos of the current line-up.
A lesson well learned for me ...never buy into interweb drama w/o further investigation. :p

Khor1255

Reaction score
Well, that's rediculous. If you remove someone from pictures of your current lineup that is perfectly acceptable. But as I understand it (and correct me if I'm wrong) they airbrushed him out of classic pictures.

Why would you do that except for childish and vindictive reasons.

Someone please help me to understand that. I am drawing a blank.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Ummm because he was an integral part of the band that's why.

Even though I like Bill Ward and he influenced my drumming I think he needs to grow the **** up along with the rest of the band.

There are 3 sides to a story.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Yeah, if the other side of the story is true he does. But give me a break! He was not only highly important to the overall sound of the best Sabbath you'll ever hear but also an essential element to the best metal drumming you'll ever hear.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Well it's a bit of relief I must say that it came down to Bill's lawyer, to have the photos removed. No matter, I still think it's a silly idea.

These are "classic" pictures.....it would make MORE sense to do a NEW photo shoot with the THREE of them.

:bonk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^There is no way his "people" would take that action without his consent and knowledge MP...Mud is right and Wolf as well, there are multi-facets to this mess but the buck stops at Bill Ward in my book.

If I were in his place, I would take the lead on everything to do with a reunion, with the Exception of consulting an accountant when it came to the financial side of things, otherwise take the bull by the horns and man up.

I can't remember but someone in the forum commented that he can be a major pain in the ass...and this is only confirming that belief.

foreverblue

Reaction score
^^There is no way his "people" would take that action without his consent and knowledge MP...Mud is right and Wolf as well, there are multi-facets to this mess but the buck stops at Bill Ward in my book.

If I were in his place, I would take the lead on everything to do with a reunion, with the Exception of consulting an accountant when it came to the financial side of things, otherwise take the bull by the horns and man up.

I can't remember but someone in the forum commented that he can be a major pain in the ass...and this is only confirming that belief.

so bill gets his picture removed...now possibly he's a pain in the ass?

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
They should NEVER have appeared at that press conference in LA until ALL the paperwork was signed and everyone was totally happy.

Bill's had his picture removed because he's not in the band, and according to Geezer, he's not in the band because he's asking too much.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin is another example of a band that stopped while they were ahead, albeit in unfortunate circumstances. Deep Purple and Judus Priest went on too long. Purple need Blackmore and Priest could've split before they fell out with K.K. Downing.

I wouldn't include Zeppelin as a band that quit while they were ahead. They quit when 1/4 of the band passed away. I do think that hanging up the band name and putting it on a shelf when that happened .. it was the right decision, but I just don't think I'd quite put them onto that pedistal (such as the Beatles) of quitting while they were ahead.

I do agree with your comment about Deep Purple going on too long, especially considering the turnstile doors they had to impliment to accomidate the constantly changing lineups. As for Judas Priest, I disagree. Until we hear new material with KK's replacement (I can't remember his name), the jury is still out. He is third on the list of members when it comes to songwriting credits, behind Halford and Tipton. That could have an impact on the new material, but we won't know that until we hear it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.