BILL WARD Removed From Photos On BLACK SABBATH's Official Web Site

Khor1255

Reaction score
She does seem to manage Ozzy and I'm sure 'his' descisions are pivotal these days. Oh, for the days when they weren't.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
First thing I thought of was the airbrushing out of Bob Daisley (and Randy I guess to make it look even) on the back cover of Blizzard of Ozz, when the drums and bass were re done.

Just as bad as Van Halen removing Michael Anthony, from album covers no less.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid...I mean I still love Sabbath...but ..STUPID!!

It's moments like this that make me want to simply appreciate the past and what was...and forget it all early. What a cluster **** they turned this into.

:mad

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Whoever made the decision to remove Bill from the Sabbath homepage should be keelhauled...:nw:

Total load of Bollocks all around, the tragedy here for me is Sabbath is one of the Only remaining Giants of Rock & Roll's golden age left that can put the Original line-up on stage and tour.

To have it disintegrate to this...I am at a loss for words.:sm:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
You can't help feeling that bands like The Beatles and Cream did the right thing by quitting while they were ahead. Bands that have tarnished their name by continuing are VH, Sabbath, Yes and Boston, while Viv Campbell wants to resurrect the Dio lineup. Sadly, I can't think of many bands from the late sixties/ early seventies that have continued to make music befitting their early reputation.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I am torn on that one Martin...while not many old bands will Ever match the creative heights of their younger days, musicians like to play, it's got to be like an addiction. Also many of them don't know what else to do, they've been making a living playing music their whole lives, to change and do something else might seem too intimidating.

But there is something about a Legendary band just retiring that feels right too, you could add "The Band" to that list, get together for one last show, film it and then Walk On.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Yes, some will keep going until they drop, like The Rolling Stones, Ian Gillan, Tony Iommi, Roger Daltrey, Hawkwind, Chris Squire, Burke Shelly. I'm not blaming them and in a way they're an inspiration.

They are not all stupid either. Despite the VH nonsense, at the height of the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll scene, I remember Sammy Hagar saying if there was a fire in the building, he would be the first one out and the druggy would be the last.

Khor1255

Reaction score
You can't help feeling that bands like The Beatles and Cream did the right thing by quitting while they were ahead. Bands that have tarnished their name by continuing are VH, Sabbath, Yes and Boston, while Viv Campbell wants to resurrect the Dio lineup. Sadly, I can't think of many bands from the late sixties/ early seventies that have continued to make music befitting their early reputation.
1000 times this. I mean, God bless them for going on and these days it's so much easier to make money at it when you already have a market. But sometimes enough is enough and it's time to step back and take a break.

On a side note, I took a step back from one of the 'arts' I was involved in and never got it back so there is that....

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.