BILL WARD Removed From Photos On BLACK SABBATH's Official Web Site

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
Drummer Bill Ward has been removed from all the photos on the homepage and gallery section of BLACK SABBATH's official web site after he announced that he was unable to to reach a contractual agreement with his bandmates about participating in their upcoming reunion shows.

In response to the move, Tony Conley of the Facebook page 1,000,000 Black Sabbath Fans Say Yes To Bill Ward wrote, "That is simply one of the most bastardly, chickenshit things I have ever seen done in my 40-some years of watching rock and roll. Definitely the maneuver with the least class, and disrespect."

"Bill's statements have been filled with love and respect. BLACK SABBATH's responses have been shallow and cold."

"Two sides to every story? Then tell yours, BLACK SABBATH, and stop hiding. If Bill can't hack it — say so. If he wants more than his share financially — say so. If there is a reasonable explanation for this shameful display, please help us to understand what it is. Currently, you look shameful and sad. That is not how we wish to feel about you"

"Your fans deserve better, Bill deserves better, and you deserve better."

BLACK SABBATH will play a hometown concert in Birmingham, England tomorrow night (Saturday, May 19) as a warm-up show for the band's appearance at the Download festival at Donington next month. SABBATH has hired a replacement drummer for the upcoming gigs but has yet to reveal the musician's identity.

A furor erupted online in 2007 after photos of Michael Anthony at the official VAN HALEN web site were either removed or replaced by an image of guitarist Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang, who played bass on the group's recent album and tour. The photos were restored less than two days later.

The Official Black Sabbath Website :: The Official Black Sabbath Website - The Latest Sabbath News, Upcoming Shows, Classic Videos and More.

sab3.jpg

Last edited:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I saw the website first and noticed there was no Bill on any of the photo. Then I saw that post.

I can't believe a bunch of grown men, having 60 years and many moons passed can do such a thing. It's just beyond me.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I wouldn't put anything past the Osbournes. Remember their treatment of Bob Daisley? Iommi isn't much better. He set up Dio to be replaced by Osbourne, I think at a show in Brazil. Halford had to step in to the breach. This was then repeated (without Halford) when Tony Martin was replaced with Dio following Dehumanizer.

The reunion with Osbourne seems unwise after The Osbournes TV show debacle. They should've retained Jorn Lande.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
I heard some talk about how Bill Ward doesn't want to do it, but that "if the money was right" he would 'consider' it. I can't really fathom why its still about the money after they all became incredibly rich... Then again I'm just a kid, i don't get how greed comes to play in music apart from record co's. Its just here-say i suppose, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
There are stories that he was offered less than 25%. Previously they had split the money equally. In the light of Bob Daisley's treatment, this offer seems likely. Additionally, Sharon's maiden name is Arden. Musicians like Noel Redding, who signed with her father, Don Arden, slept with a shotgun under their bed.

Khor1255

Reaction score
A lot of bands from the 70s, particularly ones like Sabbath are hardly incredibly rich. Often times the record companies and various other handlers raped profits so much that a band might actually return from a tour near broke or even owing the record company or some other gold digger.
The upside to this was that bands usually had no other choice than to go on long tours and be prolific songwriters. This was more an unintended consequence of record company greed and of course highly unfair to the artists but unless a band or performer had extremely competent and even rutheless management (see Peter Grant etc) they oftenn ended up not very wealthy at all or even nearly broke.

Since Sabbath is essentially Iommi's band you can only extend blame to (Sharon) Osborne so much. The sad thing is, for somethhing this creepy to be allowed at least Iommi would have had to be onboard it seems. I really have no interest seeing them live or even supporting their album after all this shit. Normallly I could care less what a musician does in his off stage time but I don't think I can see or hear any new Sabbath without thinking about this totally tasteless act.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Personally I think it's bullshit to take down all Bill's photos, in essence removing him from their history, atleast symbolically. However I still look forward to the new album and will judge it on musical merit alone. People's petty and personal dramas mean nothing to me as far as music is concerned. That said I do think they should handle themselves and their disagreements w/ a lot more class then they are currently.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I heard some talk about how Bill Ward doesn't want to do it, but that "if the money was right" he would 'consider' it. I can't really fathom why its still about the money after they all became incredibly rich... Then again I'm just a kid, i don't get how greed comes to play in music apart from record co's. Its just here-say i suppose, but it wouldn't be the first time.

I agree with this.

While Khor certainly makes a terrific, and unfortunately true, point about record executives and others screwing bands out of money, I doubt that Bill Ward has to stay up at night worrying how he's going to pay rent or whether his kids are going to be able to go to college.

It seems to me that all involved parties have been bitten by the greed bug.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Can I just ask, why Sharon is mentioned here, if she does not manage the band [Black Sabbath]?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online