Biggest Music What Ifs ______

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
What if John Rutsey wasn't kicked out of Rush? Would they have lasted more than a few albums?

What if Ozzy had stayed with Black Sabbath? Would they have had the success that Ozzy has?

Was John Rutsey the original Rush drummer? I haven't looked it up, never even heard the name, more interesting getting other peoples take on things than the usual stuff on wikipedia etc...

Peter Norway

Reaction score
There's no way we can know that. It might even have been better. Most of the music was already written when Bon died. He would have just added his delicious lyrics.

Back in Black was a more stomping metal album than they'd done before. Perfect for Brian Johnson. Brian IS that album, perhaps even more than Angus. Bon had a thinner, more boogie-woogie approach, which would not have been as perfectly suited to the metal leanings of Back and Black.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
But one that I do think a lot about would be the tragic helicopter crash that took the life of Stevie Ray Vaughan.
:uh:

This is the one that I actually lay awake at night and wonder about.

In 'Blues Guitarist' time, as brilliant and natural and emotionally pure as his music was, he was just barely scratching the suface of what he had to offer.

He'd be closing in on 60 years old, a bluesman's prime.

I miss that guy so much some days it physically hurts.:uh:

8097454098_53540972a1.jpg

Imp

Banned
Reaction score
What if Tommy Caldwell of The Marshall Tucker band wouldn't have died in that Jeep crash?

What if Duane Allman wouldn't have died in that motorcycle accident?

Cannons Ahoy

The Great Pretender
Reaction score
What if Marty Friedman and Nick Menza had stayed with Megadeth?
What if Black Sabbath had stayed as Earth and played all blues covers instead?
What if Steve Winwood had joined Led Zeppelin in '69 and not Plant?
What if African slaves were never brought to America, thus no blues and jazz and thus, no rock or modern pop?

Peter Norway

Reaction score
What if Marty Friedman and Nick Menza had stayed with Megadeth?
What if Black Sabbath had stayed as Earth and played all blues covers instead?
What if Steve Winwood had joined Led Zeppelin in '69 and not Plant?
What if African slaves were never brought to America, thus no blues and jazz and thus, no rock or modern pop?

I could accept that.

gorgon

Reaction score
Back in Black was a more stomping metal album than they'd done before. Perfect for Brian Johnson. Brian IS that album, perhaps even more than Angus. Bon had a thinner, more boogie-woogie approach, which would not have been as perfectly suited to the metal leanings of Back and Black.
I lean waaaay over on the Bon side of ACDC. I can't imagine a universe where Bon wouldn't have made Back In Black a better album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online

No members online now.