Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Physical Graffiti
II
IV
I
III
Presence / Houses of the Holy

That's how I'd probably rate them these days. Love all the albums I've listed but the rest of the studio efforts do nothing for me.

JimJam

Reaction score
IV is my favorite but this year i've listened more often to Physical Graffiti. It sounds as fresh as it did forty years ago!

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I summarised my thoughts on page one of this thread. The order of the top albums has not changed with one exception - I think Physical Graffiti has moved ahead of Led Zeppelin II (although having said this I played the latter yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it). PG is one of the very best double albums, especially impressive given that it has no central concept (unlike The Wall or The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway) and that it used a number of outtakes.

My list:
1. IV
2. Physical Graffiti
3. II
4. I
5. III
6. Houses of the Holy
7. Presence
8. In Through The Out Door
9. Coda

I definitely prefer Presence to ITTOD - the former while perhaps not their absolute best set of songs, at least rocks hard (with a bit of blues) and prominently showcases Page's guitar and the mighty Zeppelin rhythm section. I also think that it has three really strong songs in Achilles' Last Stand, For Your Life and Nobody's Fault But Mine. I can enjoy All My Love and totally understand why Robert wrote it but... I don't listen to Led Zeppelin if I want ballads, and the light keyboard sound that defines much of the album just doesn't sit right with me. I was glad that for the Celebration Day gig in 2007 they played two songs from Presence but ignored Out Door in it's entirety. Having said this though, ITTOD is a proper album and therefore I feel it has to go above the outtakes and bits and bobs that make up Coda. I don't dig the piano-led South Bound Saurez as much as I do the trademark Zep blues rock of I'm Gonna Groove, but I'd far rather have it than Bonzo's Montreux!

Metal Health

Reaction score
Either Led Zeppelin III or IV. They all are great but those are the ones that stand out. I love the bluesy feeling that III gives me. And how can you not like IV?

rss79grad

Reaction score
Here's my listing:
1. Led Zeppelin I
2. Led Zeppelin IV
3. Houses of the Holy
4. Presence
5. In Through The Out Door
6. Led Zeppelin II
7. Physical Graffiti
8. Led Zeppelin III
9. Coda