Best heavy metal band of the 80's

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

rockImI

Reaction score
I hate topics like this, all 80s metal bands were awesome. So much to choose from, everyone has their own taste and relate to the band. I for example worship Saxon, cause I just love Harleys and Heavy Metal, Denim and Leather jackets lol.

The New Wave of British Heavy Metal bands like Saxon, Tygers of Pan Tang, Diamond head, Iron Maiden, Angel Witch, Tokyo Blade, etc were just bad***

Reaction score
Metallica. They didn't really catch on until the late 80s and weren't as populas as they were in the 90s. But it was clear by 1989 they were the biggest and bestest metal band in the world.

Metallica are the greatest metal band ever and their best music was made in the 80s. Ergo; Metallica were the greatest band of the 80s. By far IMO.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
So if we're talkin' heavy metal then I gotta go with Iron Maiden. I can't include Metallica because they arent heavy metal, as well as dozens of other killer thrash bands. Judas Priest dropped outta the race when they released "Turbo" and "Ram It Down".

For pure heavy metal, Maiden blew everybody away. No other band was even close.

LivingDead

Fiend For Life
Reaction score
Come on, guys. Quiet Riot was definitely the best metal band in the 80s. Metal Health and Condition Critical were both great albums in the 80s. They were and still are one of the greatest partying bands.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
A lot of people here say Van Halen was the best metal band of the 80's. I don't consider them metal. To me they are hard rock.

It's hard to pick the best band. My favourite is Judas Priest but I don't believe that necessarily makes them the best.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online