Register to remove these ads

Best album of the 60s

Discussion in '60's Music' started by That 70s Guy, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tkitna

tkitna Senior Member

I know I already posted, but it would be a damn shame to talk about the greatest records of the 60's without mention of this one.

[​IMG]

2. Hurdy Gurdy Man

Hurdy Gurdy Man Senior Member

A beautiful record from start to finish.Musically flawless and some of Arthur Lee's lyrics are surrealistic genius.A true man of vision.And in my mind a great TOTAL package as the cover art remains among my favorites.(Some have made artistic statement of that fact that Arthur Lee holds a broken vase of flowers on the back of the jacket,but this was actually sort of kismet thing as someone dropped and broke the vase just before the photo was taken and Arthur more or less held it up in the photo as some sort of wry humor)

3. Sox

Sox Avoiding The Swan Song

So many front runners for this one, I'll give the nod to Zep I or even II.

4. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

EASILY the best album of the 60's would be the nearly perfect release by the Beatles... Abbey Road

[​IMG]

The only other album that even comes close in terms of how epic it was would be Led Zeppelin II

[​IMG]

5. Kickstart

Kickstart Senior Member

:bow:
    easily for me

6. Hurdy Gurdy Man

Many have said that the banana cover release was possibly the most influential record to come out of the sixties,probably a lot who belong to the "Sgt. Pepper" was over rated school.One thing is well beyond arguing,it was well beyond its time particularly when you take into condsideration that the peek of its influence quite possibly didn't occur until the Grunge movement of the 90's.I feel that this and LOVE's "Forever Changes" have something major in common in this area.At the times of their releases,only critics,other industry insiders and a certain fringe element appreciated them,yet both began garnering more and more acclaim from the general record buying public in the 80's and 90's.Originally,both had rather abysmal chart rankings when they first came out,but as they became available on CD,they actually sold quite well in consideration of that last factoid.Strange thing..............

7. pera

pera Senior Member

Beggars Banquet

[​IMG]

8. CREAM'd

CREAM'd Senior Member

Without picking any of the Beatles or Bob Dylan's albums. I'd go with this one.
    download.jpg

9. Hurdy Gurdy Man

That last Moodies classic is sadly overlooked.A major contributor in the formation of prog rock.One of my faves as well.Brilliantly conceived and executed.No idea why the Moodies aren't in the hall of fame................

10. Khor1255

Khor1255 Senior Member

Because the hall of fame is judged by people who think Rolling Stone magazine is relevant.