Easy.

picture.php

Abbey Road.

Last edited:

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
Only one? Damn, that's a challenge...

I'm going to pick my favourite non-Beatles album of the Sixties, because I have a feeling this thread will be pretty full of Beatles albums, given their rich discography.

I'd have to go with Odessey and Oracle, but it was definitely a tough choice. No doubt I'll change my mind in a few minutes!

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I too would also have to separate the Fabs from the rest.It's hard enough trying to pick just THEIR best one let alone the greatest or most influential of the entire imagination fueled 1960's.Beatls included and considering general notoriety,most would agree "Sgt. Pepper" was the decades greatest recorded sound triumph.Among all other artists(or even including the Beatles)Velvet Underground's debut is a strong candidate here,especially weighing in the factor that it was so ahead of its time,its full influence was partial cause to the Grunge movement of the 90's.Lyrically,perhaps Dylan's "Blonde On Blonde" or "Highway 61 Revisited" is master of this domain.Certainly highly honorable mention goes to "Pet Sounds","The Doors" "Are You Experienced" and LOVE'S timelessly charming "Forever Changes".But the single greatest?Too many high artistic achievement on too many levels to truly come to a call here.What a cop out,huh?!

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
There r a lot of contenders The Beatles, Stones, Doors, Yesterdays Children, CCR, Hendrix, Blue Cheer.....but heres my pick.

T7U370EBVprFCLu6Ko96qUG77mg@400x400.jpg

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
It's very hard. Beatles, Stones, early Purple, Cream, Small Faces... So, let it be Led Zeppelin I.

51SUWsbmnHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'd lean more towards the Soul of that era than the rock. I can't think of too many rock records I'd keep going back to for a complete listen but when these masters perform I'm all ears.

The energy on this is amazing!

Sam Cooke-One Night Stand: Sam Cooke Live at the Harlem Square Club 1963
MI0001654336.jpg?partner=allrovi.jpg

tkitna

Reaction score
Just one isn't very fair, but i'll have to choose my all time favorite.

tumblr_mdyz6agtQK1rtt7fh.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online