Bachman Turner Overdrive (Official Thread)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
"Away From Home" is indeed a gem off that album, Groovy Man. Right up there with "It's Over" and "Average Man". :cheers2

I was going through my BTO Anthology two-disc set just last weekend and was rather surprised that it wasn't even on there. There seemed to be enough room spread out over the two discs for other album cuts from each of the previous four albums, though. Go Figure. :confused:

I was very close to transcribing the write-up included in the booklet to add to this thread. Just your basic BTO history with a few anecdotes thrown in along the way.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I love the simple straight ahead sound of BTO, always have and always will.

I still laugh at my Bob Dylan elitist friend years ago, told me that after discovering Jimi Hendrix, Clapton and Dylan he figured BTO translated to "Beat Twice for Orgasm"...:oyea:

Rocker440

Reaction score
^^^ Same here, LG! Simple, straight ahead sounds combined with excellent songwriting, music and songs that are very cool and appealing as well! Many also sound great with increased volume, too, as some of my neighbors can attest to! ;) :cheers2

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New Bachman & Turner

Holly molly this sounds great!! Love the cowbell,just like they did it in the 70s. :bow:

btlarge.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Still love this track from HEAD ON

...and has anyone seen that the NEW CD is out?? :grinthumb

61CW7iVcQgL._SS500_.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have the new CD MP, but haven't had time to listen to it yet. They did some old classics as well as new material, Randy said it was to make sure fans Knew who they were.:D

I am surprised they are back together again, BTO fractured and it wasn't pretty when they broke up, but Time heals all wounds apparently and Randy I think has patched up his differences with everyone from the Guess Who and his own band.

They are touring as well, don't think I'll go but Randy did play in my small city four years ago, we have a 350 seat auditorium that has great acoustics, I have a DVD of his Vancouver concert and it was very good.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah that is the one MP...sound quality is great and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. He had a good band supporting him as well on that tour.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online