Bachman Turner Overdrive (Official Thread)

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I caught a concert on PBS this weekend. It was a reunion with Randy Bachman and Fred Turner. They both looked, sang and played great and they had a pretty smokin' band. Paul Shaffer came out and played keyboards on a few songs. They played all the hits, both The Guess Who and BTO (well, as many as they could in an hour). Was this a one off or are they touring? If they're touring I sure hope they come to California. I'll see them for sure.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've got a DVD of Randy doing a solo tour from 8 years ago, he was in good form although he played the whole set sitting down.:heheh:

Trying to get a copy of BTO II on vinyl, I wore my old copy out when I was a teenager.

I'm not sure Bob D if they are touring or not...but it's nice to see them back together again they were the heart and soul of BTO.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
She's A Devil

Another cool track from Four Wheel Drive...I think out of all of them...that one has to be my favorite album

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That song takes me way back MP...Four Wheel Drive is my favorite from that record.

Speaking of BTO, I picked up their first album and BTO II on vinyl last week, both need a serious cleaning but otherwise should be okay. Certain bands old vinyl records are almost impossible to find here where I live but thank Gawd for the internet.:tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Very cool!!! Yeah the Four Wheel Drive album takes me wayyyy back...I remember one of my sisters owning that before I ever did. I used to play hers a LOT! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Very cool!!! Yeah the Four Wheel Drive album takes me wayyyy back...I remember one of my sisters owning that before I ever did. I used to play hers a LOT! :grinthumb

Funny for me it was the other way round, my Mom used to borrow my BTO records all the time, she wore out I, II and Not Fragile. But I didn't mind, you know whenever I play any of the records she loved I still think of her, probably always will too.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Got a smile on my face here,Lot of good memories playin BTO on my newly acquired from K Mart(back in 80)Silver Marshall system,Kinna like this one,Closest pic I could find on the net
silvermarshall1.jpg

Mod skcr-880(Probably stood for sucker)But it was a big deal to me,Had real vu meters,Cassette&8 track recorders,Turntable had a Magnetic cartridge on the tone arm,Speakers had two 8in woofers in each box,Only rated for 30 watts but in the room I had it sounded like a concert hall:grinthumb
One of my favorite BTO tunes
Shotgun Rider

Sorry for rambling on LG

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Got a smile on my face here,Lot of good memories playin BTO on my newly acquired from K Mart(back in 80)Silver Marshall system,Kinna like this one,Closest pic I could find on the net
silvermarshall1.jpg

Mod skcr-880(Probably stood for sucker)But it was a big deal to me,Had real vu meters,Cassette&8 track recorders,Turntable had a Magnetic cartridge on the tone arm,Speakers had two 8in woofers in each box,Only rated for 30 watts but in the room I had it sounded like a concert hall:grinthumb
One of my favorite BTO tunes
Shotgun Rider

Sorry for rambling on LG

That's a classic piece of gear Squidbilly...those all in ones were good back in the day although I never owned an 8-track, by the time I was making my own money cassettes had taken over.

Picked up a copy of II and BTO's ST record at a used vinyl shop recently, they've seen better days but after I cleaned them they are playable.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online