Bachman Turner Overdrive (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I never bought an 8-track player, the sound quality of a vinyl record was always noticeably better to me. I did pick up a cassette player years later though.

Berndawg

Reaction score
I agree, 8 tracks sounded like s__t. But I only had a paper route, I couldn't
keep buying records. The worst thing about the 8 tracks, no rewind and the
nasty habit of changing tracks right in the middle of a song. Did alot of
partying at the beach, and portable record players didn't exist. My parents
had a stereo system that could record from album to 8 track, so I made alot
of my own. The blank 8 tracks almost cost the same as the normal ones.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No argument about partying with 8 Tracks back in the day. By the time I was earning my own money cassette decks had started to replace 8 Tracks so I simply jumped right past them.

You've inspired me with our BTO chat, I'll play "Head On" in a few minutes...you are right about Fred Turner he had a great voice.

Berndawg

Reaction score
Have you ever listened to the two albums after Bachman left, Street Action and Rock N Roll Nights. I think they are as good as any of the others.

Try: Down the Road, You're gonna miss me, Here she comes again.

I'm sure they are on utube

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Freeways is the end of the road for me, I never followed them after the break-up. I'll keep those rec's in mind Berndawg, but the original line-up was special to me, BTO is one of those bands I grew up as I was exploring rock and roll seriously and always brings back some great memories.

Berndawg

Reaction score
Randy Bachman might have been the creative force, but Turners voice was the signature sound for the band. Just because Bachman left didn't mark the end. It did from the commercial aspect, but they were heading that way with or without Bachman. The sound from the final two albums is a bit different, more pop orientated, but still really good.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have always been annoyed with critics of BTO over the years...they didn't try to reinvent anything new, simple pile driving rock and roll, and I think they pulled that off in style.

One of my favorite songs from BTO II.

Give It Time

Reaction score
I think they did invent something new, though, LG.. Not another band in the world sounds like them, and they certainly were early in innovating some very heavy sounds.. Some of those sounds weren't heard again, until later in heavy metal:grinthumb

Example:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online