Bachman Turner Overdrive (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
I think i read in the first THIN LIZZY bio published that when THIN LIZZY toured with Randy and the rest of the Mormon's in this band in the mid-1970s the younger Bachman was locked in his hotel room every night so as not to fall fail for the 'temptations of the road' which was done for his own good of course. :oyea:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Chances are he would have been more tempted by the "buffet" than groupies back then.:D

After they became very successful they acquired the nickname, "Bachman Turner Overweight" for good reason.:heheh:

Randy scared me when I saw him a few years ago touring with the Guess Who for a special reunion set of shows. He played sitting on a stool. Since then he must have got a wake-up call he looks good now due to the gastric bypass surgery he had,,,or at least that is what I think he had done.

E-Z

Reaction score
Your correct about the eating Lord Grendel i believe that BTO use to sit down to 7-8 course pre-concert meals which are mentioned in the THIN LIZZY bio much to the disgust of the boy's in THIN LIZZY!!.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No I don't hold it against you at all Gigispeed, considering they were relevant a long time before you were born and not every band has new legions of young fans like the Beatles etc., every generation.

BTO is special for me because they were one of the first hard rock bands I followed, and being Canadian made me proud when they achieved success outside of our country.

I still play my favorite albums, I might get Four Wheel Drive this weekend...it's the only one I'm missing now on vinyl.:think:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bachman Turner Overdrive II turns 50 December 2023

IMG_0829.jpeg

Let It Ride

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads