Awesome Deceased Rock Stars

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Ron Asheton

RonAsheton.jpg

Cause of death: Heart attack

(Not the nicest man in the world, or the best guitar player, but still a ****ing legend. I cried like a little school girl when I heard that he was no longer with us.)

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Karen Anne Carpenter

MaH0ItkmN3cRQQe.jpg

Cause of death: Heart failure from complications with anorexia nervosa.

The sound of Karen's voice fills me with a pleasant sadness, and the inexplicable amount of love in my heart for her grows ever stronger.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Honestly, I guess I should feel lucky that none of my absolute favorite musicians or artist have died. Do I think that the people listed are talented? Yeah, but they all died before my time and there's no connection factor of listening, becoming enamored with the music and then losing them. I already knew Jim Morrison, John Lennon, etc. were dead before I listened to them.

I was a little taken aback by Kurt Cobains and 2pac's death because they were in my musical rotation during their deaths and both artist had music I really liked and their personas intrigued me but they weren't the cream of the crop in my listening. Nirvana only had three official studio albums and 2pac four.They were more middle ground for me meaning I liked their catalog but they didn't connect with me on the highest level which would invoke sadness. Besides the media hype drained all the grieving out that I would need and I really martyr no one person/artist. I just think it sucks their music dies with them especially when they waste their potential with drugs, suicide and violent lifestyles. I will say I was sad to see Micheal Jackson go out far from his peak. Such a talent to go out far from the twilight of a stellar career.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Elvis (no last name necessary?) - (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977)

elvis-presley.jpg

"Official" Cause of Death: cardiac arrhythmia

I'll never forget the day Elvis died. I was in the car with my mom at a stoplight about a half mile from our home. They said it over the radio and my mom must have said "Oh my God, Oh my God" :omg: over and over about 20 times.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Joe Strummer

JoeStrummer3.jpg

Cause of death: Congenital heart defect

(My uncle has met and played with a number of iconic musicians, but he said that the only time he was ever star struck was when he met Joe Strummer. He was honored to have a chance to play with him, and says that Joe was among the kindest and most genuine men he had ever met. He and my dad were puddles when he left us. It tears me up every day that he's gone.)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Keith "The Loon" Moon

keith-moon-the-who-drummer-death.jpg
keith-moon.jpg

Cause of Death: Choked on vomit after OD on pills

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member