Awesome Deceased Rock Stars

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome dead rock stars. Let's see how many we can list.

I will begin with my favorite:

Layne Staley

23151_lg.jpg
1238786465651_f.jpg

Cause of Death: Overdose

Found in his apartment dead. He was discovered only after his accountant had noticed he had not spent any money for a while. Staley had become reclusive the 5 years prior to his death, at which time it was believed he was severely addicted to heroin.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Freddie Mercury

pose.jpg

Cause of death: Bronchopneumonia exacerbated by AIDS.

Freddie died with his closest friend Mary Austin at his bedside in the late hours of the evening on November 24th, 1991. The previous day he issued a public statement that read:

Following the enormous conjecture in the press over the last two weeks, I wish to confirm that I have been tested *** positive and have AIDS. I felt it correct to keep this information private to date to protect the privacy of those around me. However, the time has come now for my friends and fans around the world to know the truth and I hope that everyone will join with me, my doctors, and all those worldwide in the fight against this terrible disease. My privacy has always been very special to me and I am famous for my lack of interviews. Please understand this policy will continue.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Brad Delp

0321814.jpg

Cause of death: Suicide from carbon monoxide poisoning

Brad is a really sad one since he was such a nice person but he ended up killing himself... :uh:

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
D. Boon - Guitarist and singer for The Minutement
Dboon.JPG

Cause Of Death - Boon was killed in a van accident in the Arizona desert near the Californian border on route I-10. Boon was lying down in the rear of the van without a seatbelt sick with a fever when the van ran off the road. Boon was thrown out the back door of the van and died instantly from a broken neck.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Dimebag Darrell
dimebag-darrell.jpg
Cause Of Death - This in my mind is one of the saddest incidents in music history and nothing really has ever happened like this nor should it happen again. Dimebag was shot on stage by Nathan Gale (an outraged Pantera fan) 5 times including once in the head which killed him instantly.