Atomic Rooster (Official Thread)

joe

Reaction score
Re: Atomic Rooster

Soot, I thought you might like it a little better. Not quite as heavy/fast as Death Walks Behind You. The bands next release after In Hearing Of..., Made In England features a new lineup yet again with keyboardist Vincent Crane being the mainstay of the band. Vocalist Chris Farlowe, a great blues vox in his own right, IMO doesn't really fit in with the style with Crane's keyboards. A great album, but doesn't match up tp to Death walks Behind You and In Hearing Of...

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

It's hard to describe Joe but I have nothing against heavy but heavy to me is most enjoyable not in the jamming realm but rather with the soft/loud/soft style of many 90's bands or with the 2,000's bands that have that plus a pop sensibility and great hooks. One of my favorite heavy bands or bands period is The Used which fall under the screamo category. :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score

I'm a fan of both. I think there is both of these approaches in every era of rock music. The 2000's I have barely discovered yet. The tip of the iceberg. So much stuff to discover and the time to listen to it. I'll do some research on The Used.:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

@ Sox-I feel bad I didn't respond to you the first time! I must have missed your response. That's a funny story though! Tracy says she has to do the same thing when she plays Tori Amos if I remember right! :heheh: I don't completely hate the organ. After all I love The Doors but I don't think I could listen to a multitude of bands like that consecutively! :D

That's ok Soot:grinthumb Tray loves the piano sound and yeah I do tend to slip away softly when Tori is about. After guitar (electric or acoustic) the old Hammond is my fave sound and it's a bonus if the band has a crazy guy on flute.:cheers2

Terra812

Reaction score

A few tracks off of "Made In England"

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I am lovin' "Made In England", I really do love Atomic Rooster, one of my fave bands of all time. Such a great honour to see Peter French live, still a great vocalist.

Breadfan

Reaction score

I am a sucker for the Hammond organ.

VC was a master.

Sadly his head was not as sound as his nimble hands.

One of rocks sad losses.

He never knew which direction to go in.

Dexy's Midnight Runners...?

Behave.

Listen to the opening line of the opening track on the first non-eponymous Rooster album.

"Save Me"

Sadly we didn't.

RIP VC

RIP

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I wonder why no one mentioned 1980s Atomic Rooster? : o
Cover_atomic_rooster.jpg

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I know right. :D
Oh, and also... check out those two non-album singles and Beat Club performance, kick ass!

Actually I forgot to tell ya I'm also Atomic Rooster die hard fan.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online