Atlanta Rhythm Section (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: Atlanta Rhythm Section

Wow, I'm surprised at how close to the original Ween kept that.. There were only very subtle differences.. I'd rather have seen them make it completely their own, but it certainly isn't bad:D

The disco-y wah wah on the bass was pretty cool too:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I saw ARS during the summer of 1980. They played at an outdoor venue – it was CRAZY!!! It’s all coming back to me now lol. Ok, I’ll talk about the band and not the crazy audience ;) ... they played Champagne Jam (of course) and when Paul Goddard went into his bass solo I remember the crowd went NUTS! GREAT show ... now that I’m thinking about it again I can remember it vividly.

Paul Goddard is one of my favorite bassists, he adds so much to the essential ARS sound, many bands that lose their bass guitar when they record should check out an ARS album to see what it should sound like.

Never got a chance to see them tour, back in the late 70's they opened for Alice Cooper in an outdoor festival but a huge thunderstorm knocked half the PA equipment out of action. My brother saw them and felt they outdid Alice and put on a great set but they never came this far north again.:(

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Always nice to have another fan join the ARS club RS.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

i have a couple albums by them. They have some great songs. Their hit songs dont really represent them totally though, they are more southern rock-ish than most people realize.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Which albums do you have SC?

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

I'll hafta check, I have all my vinyl packed in boxes and stacked up in a closet.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^:heheh:

I keep mine in cardboard boxes, away from heat and direct sunlight, old liners replaced with Angel Skins to protect the vinyl and stored vertically never laying on top of each other.

I still have 3 of my old ARS vinyl albums, they have lasted a long time and still sound good.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

Lynch mentioned ARS in the "What are you listening to?" thread and I wondered if there was a thread for this great band that is too easily forgotten. Love this thread LG! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online