Atlanta Rhythm Section (Official Thread)

rockit

Reaction score
Re: Atlanta Rhythm Section

As a 26 year veteran of the music business, Rodney Mills, (Engineer on the ARS records and Producer of 38 Special and many others), is a friend of mine and is now a mastering engineer. Whenever he mastered records i worked on, I would get him to tell me band stories which were always great.
Loved this band when I was in High School in the 70's and never imagined I would one day know Rodney Mills. Also worked briefly with Ronnie Hammond in the late 80's or early 90's. Really nice guy.
Thanks for letting me share as I just found this site a few days ago and this is my first post.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I have always liked Rodney Mills work with ARS esepcially Rockit, their albums were always well produced/engineered.

ARS was one band I was dying to see live, but alas I never got the chance...one of the gaps on my concert resume...:(

joe

Reaction score

I'm not a huge ARS fan having only two albums, A R&R Alternative and Champagne Jam. What other album would you recommend LG?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Red Tape or Quinella, both are really good Joe, then again I am biased seein' they are my favorite southern rock band.:D

joe

Reaction score

Thanx LG, I'll go onto youtube and hunt down some tracks from both those albums. I must admit it's been about 20 years since I've listened to ARS album.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

We love you Ronnie Hammond and will miss you!

^^that song is a tear jerker :wa

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Good choice Magic. Here's one from Underdog, "Spooky".

opera races

Reaction score

Wow, what a blast from the past! I’d almost forgotten how much I really like ARS. I’ve had Champagne Jam on vinyl almost forever – bought it new. I know I have a few other of their albums too. I’ll have to check exactly which ones later on.

I saw ARS during the summer of 1980. They played at an outdoor venue – it was CRAZY!!! It’s all coming back to me now lol. Ok, I’ll talk about the band and not the crazy audience ;) ... they played Champagne Jam (of course) and when Paul Goddard went into his bass solo I remember the crowd went NUTS! GREAT show ... now that I’m thinking about it again I can remember it vividly.

After the show a kinda funny story ... we were walking to the bus stop and some guy came out seemingly from nowhere and said he had ARS t-shirts for $1.00 each. Obviously they were bootlegs but we decided, what the hey, and all of us bought one. After we got on the bus and unrolled our t-shirts to check them out we noticed they said “Atlanta RHYME Section”! But wore them after that anyway lol.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

^^^That's a cute story, Opera. :heheh: I would have been tempted to paint an arrow with "th" below on the shirts.

I never had the pleasure of seeing ARS live, but I do have Champagne Jam and Underdog, on Vinyl, 8 Track, cassette, and MP3.

Let's have us a Champagne Jam!

^Ween did a nice cover for the movie Run, Ronnie, Run :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Staff online

Members online