Atlanta Rhythm Section (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Atlanta Rhythm Section Official Website

Studio Albums

Atlanta Rhythm Section (1972)
Back Up Against the Wall (1973)
Third Annual Pipe Dream (1974)
Dog Days (1975)
Red Tape (1976)
A Rock and Roll Alternative (1976)
Champagne Jam (1978)
Underdog (1979)
Are You Ready (1979)
The Boys from Doraville (1980)
Quinella (1981)
Truth in a Structured Form (1989)
Eufaula (1999)

Here's my favorite Southern Rock band, the Atlanta Rhythm Section.(The Boys From Doraville). I didn't discover them until the song "So Into You" was released off the album "A Rock & Roll Alternative" in 1976. It's still one of my fave songs, and I proceeded to buy all the albums I could find, all back in the days of vinyl of course.;)

I just love the laid back vibe these guys had, and having one of the best bassists didn't hurt either, I always thought Paul Goddard was underrated. Even though they are laid back they can cook as well, just play "Homesick" off Quinella if you have any doubts.

I have posted my collection in the collage, I am missing a couple and have a greatest hits recording I'll get to later, but I'm happy to have the Essentials in the house. In case you can't read the names from left to right: Back Up Against The Wall, Third Annual Pipe Dream, Dog Days/Red Tape(Both on one CD), A Rock & Roll Alternative, Champagne Jam, Quinella.

The song that started it all for me.

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Atlanta Rhythm Section

Good Stuff!!! I remember seeing them in '79...Only Joking!!!! I have their best of on CD & Champagne Jam on Vinyl. I always loved the song Champagne Jam.
Hopefully Pablo Cruise will be Next!

Reaction score

Finally LG, I know your favorite southern rock band! and you said I'd be dissapointed:heheh:
I need to get more of them in my collection, I have a handful of songs on my Ipod and actually just put "I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight" on a cd I made for a roadtrip to Virginia tomorrow.... I think My first album purchase from them will have to be "A Rock n Roll Alternative" I like the cover best, and think it will cover their sound best, another one to the list :rolleyes:
I'll have to see what I get for Christmas

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nothing slips past you buddy...lol.

I have one more Southern Rock band to post EB, I'll do it after dinner and see if you know them too, most likely you do.

Bucky, I only have two Pablo Cruise albums, I have given up trying to get "World's Away" on CD, I will do a thread if you want, but I don't know how much we can do with it.;)

rtbuck

Reaction score

Yeah,I don't think there's much you can do with Pablo Cruise! I have Their Essential Collection on CD & 1 record Album & 1 8 Track. For some reason when I think of ARS I also think of Pablo Cruise & the Little River Band(It's just that 70's era when all 3 of those bands were played on the same type radio station)

Flower,that is a really cool version!!!!!!!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I will do an album review for "Worlds Apart" Bucky that was my favorite Pablo album, and it showcases them at their best, I thought "A Place In The Sun" was good also but didn't like it as much as WA.

Great choice Flower, I love ARS's take on that song, I had "Underdog" on vinyl but don't have it anymore, that song is on my compilation CD though, thankfully.:grinthumb

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

So funny!! I used these cats in one of my polls!! :heheh: :grinthumb

Nice lookin' thread!! My poll tune... :phones:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Your Poll is what inspired me to get off my butt and do this thread buddy...:rock:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool!!! :grinthumb I had to go back and see who I polled them against. It was Move It On Over...

This is a cool video clip. I'll post another here before I'm off to bed...g'night all...a crazy song for a crazy day. :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online