Artist On Autopilot (Besides Nickelback)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Artists On Autopilot
airplane!-movie-autopilot.jpg

What are artists in your opinion that pretty much have a formula that got them money and they've ridden ever since. These are artists have songs that you think sound the same from song to song and make albums that sound like replicas of the last! Nickelback is too easy so I'm taking them away! :oyea: Feel free to defend your group with counterexamples but remember these are opinions on the music and not on the fan so don't make it personal either way! Mine aren't even artists I necessarily dislike either! :cheers2

My top 5 in no order for this would be:

AC/DC (My deepest apologies to Riff Raff)
Rob Zombie
Three Days Grace

Matchbox Twenty (even his solo stuff wasn't a real change IMO)
Meatloaf (I like him but there's a formula for sure, some songs are pretty identical)

What are yours?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm not sure at this time but I love the OP photo...:heheh:

Let me think and I'll try and get back. :grinthumb

Fisha

Reaction score
I don't know man! I own all three albums by them and they are seem pretty carbon to me! :D

Sure, maybe their album tracks are quite similar but I have the greatest hits and between songs like disease, 3am, mad season and bright lights there's quite a lot of variation. I mean there are similarities but I wouldn't even mention it in the same breath as Nickleback when it comes to this

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Sure, maybe their album tracks are quite similar but I have the greatest hits and between songs like disease, 3am, mad season and bright lights there's quite a lot of variation. I mean there are similarities but I wouldn't even mention it in the same breath as Nickleback when it comes to this

:heheh: Their was a reason I left out Nickelback! To me a thread is dead in the water when everyone has the same answers! :D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I guess The Ramones were a carbon copy of themselves time and time again....but they were AWESOME!!

:grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Status Quo. Most of their songs sound the same to me and they've even kept the same look over the decades :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
These guys should've made my top 3 but I forgot about them at the time:

Major Culprit

Three Doors Down
music5_127.jpg

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
AC/DC is the main culprit for me. I love them and all, but I think of them as the "bangers and mash" of music*. Not terribly unique or fancy, and never changes, but everyone likes it anyway.

*not sure if non-Aussies use "bangers and mash" as a term - it means "sausages and mashed potato"

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online