Artist On Autopilot (Besides Nickelback)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
AC/DC is the main culprit for me. I love them and all, but I think of them as the "bangers and mash" of music*. Not terribly unique or fancy, and never changes, but everyone likes it anyway.

*not sure if non-Aussies use "bangers and mash" as a term - it means "sausages and mashed potato"

Like it is right Feldster! I like them fine but I definitely could never LOVE them as a band. I get bored with similar albums from any band and lose respect for them after a while. When I go into any thread the biggest compliment I can ever give a band like that is they are solid. That means they have a generally cool vibe/sound but their albums don't generally hold my attention. We all have bands like that and sometimes when you like them enough you hear layers others don't. So I do have some "solid" bands I do like a lot! :grinthumb

Rocker440

Reaction score
One band that I can think of is this one...

molly_hatchet_2006.jpg

Although one of the original members was, and may still be performing with the band now, imo most of their recent material is not too impressive.

*Sooty, shouldn't that be "Otto" pilot? :oyea:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
One band that I can think of is this one...

molly_hatchet_2006.jpg

Although one of the original members was, and may still be performing with the band now, imo most of their recent material is not too impressive.

*Sooty, shouldn't that be "Otto" pilot? :oyea:

I think one band member sporting a faux hawk is plenty :oyea:

@ Rocker-:heheh: Perhaps!

@Metal-What's your opinion on the actual music. Everyone knows them. :D What I don't understand is that people usually unhappy with the current state of rock in my observations listen to bands like these (the newer crop, not the classic rock ones listed) and all I can think is no wonder no ones impressed with anything new! :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
My take on it, is that there is more out there than the mainstream. Anyone that doesn't like a band like 3 Doors Down shouldn't stop looking. To say music sucks now just because of that is a lazy attitude IMO.....or giving up.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
My take on it, is that there is more out there than the mainstream. Anyone that doesn't like a band like 3 Doors Down shouldn't stop looking. To say music sucks now just because of that is a lazy attitude IMO.....or giving up.

I have to add that I like some of their material and own two of their albums but it's like snack music for me. So many bands provide such a full course meal compared to any band listed so far! :grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
My claim of riding the gravy train is a boat load of Rap artist who pretty much use the same techniques that they all do.. just pick one who is unique..and you drop the percentage by .05 percent..:bonk:
Creating a list would be a waste of time..
Others would be
Creed
Ween
Boys Love girls
They Might Be Giants
The Shat
Radiohead
Morrisey
Beyonce
Lady Gaga

Those should be a start even though they are not all rock artist..:heybaby:

Find member