Arch Enemy (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Modern Arch Enemy is good also. New track is far from boring nor was Khaos Legions for that matter.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Positively surprised by "War Eternal". After a couple of spins, I prefer it over the previous two AE albums, but it's not quite up there with the first two with Angela - at least not so far. Alissa is awesome, but I still think Angela is the better growler of the two, but at least Alissa has freshened the bands sound a bit, which was needed imo. Favourite track so far: The very epic "Time is Black".

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I prefer to not draw comparisons to who is better. Alissa and Angela are both talented extreme vocalists. I enjoyed Khaos Legions but War Eternal for me did as good as that one. Alissa has got a good range and I'd actually like for next album to try to utilise her clean vocals too.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have said, I prefer Angela over Alissa at this point. I'm not trying to say that one is better than the other! Concerning Alissa, I made the same point earlier in this thread. It would be a shame if the band does not utilize her clean vocals, but they might think they'll alienate some of the hardcore fans. That being said, I'm sure they've gained a lot by hiring Alissa!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is that risk yeah but it could end up going the other way too. Think the band need to take that sort of chance.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Btw, there's a little bit of clean vocals in chorus of the track "Avalanche". And the bonus track on the digibook called "Shadow On The Wall" also has some clean vocals (more like spoken word though). Perhaps they are testing the waters. Either way, I think you are right, they should take the chance and let her do a lot more clean stuff on the next album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loving this album another listen through. I stay with the opinion that for Alissa's first with the band this album was not really the one to try to do too much different. I mean they did tweak some stuff and its evident but not too much. I think the second album they do with her is the real place to judge what she can bring to the table. Michael Amott's writing on this album is great with some really nice catchy hooks that remind me a bit of some of what he did in Carcass.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online