An old 60's song about a monster or something

dizee27

Reaction score
Ughh this is driving me CRAZY...it's an old 60s or maybe even late 50s? song...there's definitely a male and female vocal...It's like a very dark and foreboding song about some kind of monster or something evil. The song "One of these Mornings" by Moby made me think of it...it used to be an obsession of mine but now I can't even think of it to find it gaain...

dizee27

Reaction score
Hahaha...no no...it was a more... "real" song I guess is the word, not like a funny song...

dizee27

Reaction score
or a more serious song. I can almost see a black and white video for it in my head. Ughh...this is killing me lol

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Alright, then I won't list my next thought.

(I take that back, yes I will).

Sheb Wooly - The Purple People Eater (1958)

I know that's not it, but since I had already looked it up, shared for the sake of sharing. Can you give any other description other than what you already listed? Lyrics, similar songs, etc?

dizee27

Reaction score
Nope I can't think of any of the lyrics ugh...I feel like they were being chased by something or someone...just a really haunting little one-hit wonder...

dizee27

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm remembering something else and trying to attach it to this mystery song, but I also feel like they were running from a place. Maybe an asylum. *sigh*

dizee27

Reaction score
Take "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans, mix it with Ghost Riders in the Sky, add in a female vocal somewhere and I think it'd sound something like that...slow, dark, with that very OLD sound

dizee27

Reaction score
That Steppenwolf song is closer to how the recording of the song sounds, but still not it...I keep thinking about it and it really sounds like an older "One of these mornings" by Moby with the female vocal i think...my memory says it feels like they didn't just WRITE the song on LSD or something, but recorded it on LSD too LOL. I think it was a shorter song too. I'd be surprised if it's longer than 3:30-4:00

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.