An old 60's song about a monster or something

dizee27

Reaction score
List of one-hit wonders in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If anybody else has the time to check the 50s and 60s ones...All I know is it definitely is a duet of sorts. That has to narrow it somewhat haha..I'll check back in a few days and see if anyone has found it. Idk... There's a chance the title of the song may be one word and is the name of the monster or whatever the heck was after this pair...Any famous songs you guys can think of like that?

For now, I'm gonna go listen to Marilyn Manson's cover of "Sweet Dreams" on par with the level of dark and foreboding mystery song haha...

Last edited:

dizee27

Reaction score
I slept on it and am sure a girl does the chorus in a sing-song like fashion and the vocal sounds very much like the above newer song. This should narrow it down quite well.

dizee27

Reaction score
I think the "monster" part I was thinking of was "Phaedra" apparently some greek mythology lady who killed somebody or something...It's the only thing that jogged my memory I guess haha. I don't completely understand the song, but as per wikipedia:

In 2003, London's The Daily Telegraph called the song, "One of the strangest, druggiest, most darkly sexual songs ever written - ambitious, beautiful and unforgettable."[2] As with many psychedelic songs, its overall meaning is somewhat obscure. The lyrics consist of the male part describing a mysterious, powerful woman named Phaedra, who educated the speaker in the ways of love. The male part alternates with the female part, who identifies herself as Phaedra and speaks over ethereal, twinkling music about beautiful nature imagery and about the secrets held by an unknown collective "us."

dizee27

Reaction score
The only place I used to hear the song, I remember now, was on Coast to Coast AM with George Norry, Art Bell, and the rest of that cast--so it was also probably natural for me to associate the song with ghosts, monsters, and other similar topics of CtCAM.

analoggal

Woman of the Country
Reaction score
Alfred Hitchcock

Just can't resist this... here's a tune about an Alfred Hitchcock movie from 1963!:oyea:

Bird is a Word... THE TRASHMEN

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online