Amy Winehouse Dead

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Looks like we have breaking news for at least 2 weeks.

Try six months at least. That's what it's like here in the US. I know the media did not stop talking about the death of Anna Nicole Smith for a year. So I know for the next few months I'm gonna see headlines like "The Final Hours of Amy Whinehouse" and "Never Before Seen Footage of Amy Whinehouse Before Her Tragic Death."

My Facebook wall is already swamped with this story and RIP Amy Whinehouse posts.

I agree with Lynch 100%. While it's sad what has happened, she should have known better. Drugs are not a force to be reckoned with and people know this.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Try six months at least. That's what it's like here in the US. I know the media did not stop talking about the death of Anna Nicole Smith for a year. So I know for the next few months I'm gonna see headlines like "The Final Hours of Amy Whinehouse" and "Never Before Seen Footage of Amy Whinehouse Before Her Tragic Death."

My Facebook wall is already swamped with this story and RIP Amy Whinehouse posts.

I agree with Lynch 100%. While it's sad what has happened, she should have known better. Drugs are not a force to be reckoned with and people know this.

They may know it before they become addicted but someone gets them to "try it" and before you know it, it's beyond their control.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am in no way shocked by her tragic end.

Didn't she have incurable emphysema or something on top of everything else?

If so she might not have lasted long even if the rumors about continuing hard drug use contributing to this.

We go through life making choices, some are good some are not, it's really rather simple. When you make a mistake, survive and carry on that gives you wisdom, to avoid the same thing happening. If you continue to fall into the same trap over and over...that is sad but also mostly your own doing.

Had some experience with all this myself, survived it all and can look back with pride I got over it, but also sympathy for those that simply cannot "get that monkey off their back".

RIP Amy, you had so much talent, such a shame it ended this way.:rip:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
no one does, but you wording it like that that makes it seem like you think that she's a victim of something. I don't buy it at all. Do you really think someone was forcing her to do drugs for ... what? 5-6 years?

First of all, she started doing drugs only after she married Blake in 2007. That adds up to 4 years. Second, yes, a drug addict is indeed a victim if he/she has fallen in bad company and has been forced into this habit which he/she is unable to do away with. And Blake admitted that he got her started and it is known that he beat her up. Once he got her addicted, the rest is history.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Police are still saying her death is unexplained but Sky news sources are saying she died of a drug overdose (as we all suspected).

LG, yes, Amy had emphysema.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online