Amy Winehouse Dead

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Link:
"Rehab" singer Winehouse found dead - Sky News - Yahoo! News

LONDON (Reuters) - Singer Amy Winehouse, whose hit single "Rehab" became the anthem for troubled celebrity culture, has been found dead at her home in north London, Sky News reported on Saturday.

Police said they had found the body of a 27-year-old woman at a home in Camden Square, north London, after being called by ambulance services around 1500 GMT.

"Inquiries continue into the circumstances of the death at this early stage. It is being treated as unexplained," a police spokesman said. A spokesman for the singer could not immediately confirm she had died.

Police had cordoned off the leafy street outside Winehouse's home in Camden, where around 20 onlookers had already gathered along with media photographers and camera crew.

Winehouse was born on September 14, 1983, to a Jewish family with a history of jazz musicians. She was discovered by soul singer Tyler James at the age of 16 and in 2003 her debut album "Frank" was released, to general acclaim.

Her second album "Back to Black" was released in October 2006 and reached the No. 1 spot.

The album'***** single "Rehab" contained the line: "They tried to make me go to rehab. I said 'no, no, no.'"

(Reporting by Tim Castle and Mike Collett-White)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I also want to say that no matter what I ever felt about her, I would never have wished she'd die. I wouldn't wish that upon anybody. I hope her loved ones and family can get through this without too much press harassment.
This right here. My comments about 'tragedy' aren't meant as a slam against her or anyone else. I am speaking generally on that topic and it's something I have felt for a long time. But regardless of that, like MP, I certainly wouldn't wish that she'd die nor would I on anyone else (no matter how much I do or don't like them). I feel for her family. I know she was doing something recently with her goddaughter who is like 14 yrs old or so and has a new CD out. Amy stumbled out on stage and hollered something to the audience that they should buy her music, then stumbled back off again.

I still haven't read the article yet but I'm assuming overdose or some sort of O.D.?
I saw something on Wikipedia saying it was cocaine, but I haven't seen any other online new source no matter how reputable or shoddy it may be, giving any cause of death (yet). given her reputation, drugs would seem to be the most likely cause, but we'll have to wait a bit yet.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Aaaah...ok...I just read Magic's link.

Oh and I merged you here Whalerfan. Let's all bare with this. I'm sure a few more threads will develop. So be patient as we try and keep them in one place. This is sad and big news.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
I hope she has found peace. I hope this thread will not continue for very long, it is just too sad.

Last edited:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
This hurts me a little because we were just talking about her in a thread and now this happens.. I don't feel guilty.. I feel compassion for someone struggling and dosn't make a come back.
Nobody stuck the drugs in her arm

That is not true. Her husband started her on drugs.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Her song " Back To Black"

He left no time to regret
Kept his dick wet
With his same old safe bet
Me and my head high
And my tears dry
Get on without my guy
You went back to what you knew
So far removed from all that we went through
And I tread a troubled track
My odds are stacked
I'll go back to black

We only said good-bye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to.....

I go back to us

I love you much
It's not enough
You love blow and I love puff
And life is like a pipe
And I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside

We only said goodbye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to

Black, black, black, black, black, black, black,
I go back to
I go back to

I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to

I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to black

Funny if she died of cocaine the phrase I highlighted always made me think she was into pot more than blow.. But ya.. I know.. The hard stuff was what did her in..:uh:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Introducing someone to drugs and forcing them to take them are not the same thing though.

Yes annie.. Amy went down that path.. My comment was directed at she could have stopped and didn't..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online