American Idol debut ratings drop double digits

Fever

Reaction score
Re: American Idol debut ratings drop double degits

But some of the contestants have struggled in clubs for years.Chris Daughtry didn't just decide to become a singer and go on American Idol, he had been in a few bands before and I am sure there are other contestants in the same situation.

And there are artists out there that don't go on American Idol that have hits and a career for maybe a few years and disappear-that isn't limited to just Idol contestants.I am sure there are some pop singers out there right now with some big hits that will have shorter careers than Carrie Underwood.

Bryter Later

Reaction score
:D Just a small post to hopefully relax the thread a little. The best way to watch any talent show :

1) Sit down on your fave chair with some liquid refreshment,:)

2) Watch the contestants,and laugh,cry,applaud or whatever emotion their performance does for you,:oyea::wa:pullhair::rolleyes::wtf:

3) Enjoy drooling over your fave judge,on this series its J.Lo for the guys and Steve for the ladies,:D

4) Have the TV remote close to hand,and change channel as you wish,:heheh:

5) If none of the above works,then call up your friends and go for a good night out on the town :cheers2.

:cheers2 Bryter.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice to see civilization return to the thread...:grinthumb

I agree with all four of you Astrid, Aero, Fever and Bryter.

My main reason for not getting hung up on any reality or talent show is quite simple.

I only have a limited amount of time left to enjoy this world and it is far to valuable to waste, so I make the most of what I enjoy in life, which doesn't include any of these talent shows, I would much rather spend that time listening to music, watching a DVD, spending time with friends, posting in the forum....the list is quite extensively actually.

For those that do enjoy Idol I think you better not miss any episodes because I feel it is going to be canceled either next year or the year after at most.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
It was fun watching the rejects, but otherwise the talent was almost non-existant.

I word battled with a Crystal Bowersox fan over her "Bobby McGee" performance.
He/she thought it was far superior to Janis's "butchering" of the song. That uninformed
listener had no idea that Kris Kristoferson both wrote and helped Janis with her version.
It WAS the correct way, per the original songwriter, to perform his material.

Ignorance kills!!! :pullhair:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Nice to see civilization return to the thread...:grinthumb

I agree with all four of you Astrid, Aero, Fever and Bryter.

My main reason for not getting hung up on any reality or talent show is quite simple.

I only have a limited amount of time left to enjoy this world and it is far to valuable to waste, so I make the most of what I enjoy in life, which doesn't include any of these talent shows, I would much rather spend that time listening to music, watching a DVD, spending time with friends, posting in the forum....the list is quite extensively actually.

For those that do enjoy Idol I think you better not miss any episodes because I feel it is going to be canceled either next year or the year after at most.

Me too Lg ..on the same page...

for along time I didn't own a tv :cheers2

when I did I didn't have cable :cheers2

so people think I live it the dark ages lol

but I love to read ,i LISTEN to music rather than watch it
if I want to watch it ...I go to a club ..I've got tons of friends with bands ..
and if I want new talent thats where I prefer to find it...

so it's ok ..

FEVER : I agree with you completely and you sum up my feelings ..I don't really care for pop music in general..most of it is crap to begin with and so I wouldn't be attracted to the music on AI to begin with...

pop music IS short lived to ne honest ..and your right..it not meant to stay long term..instant gradification ..is all it offers..and I guess I like more longterm styles of music..heck I'm starting to get into Prog lol..so you know it's just NOT my thing..:)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
I think Steven Tyler and J-Lo make an excellent addition to the Judging panel. It's a lot more musically diverse now. Sure, Simon and Paula were great judges who were on the show for years on end. But they're gone now, and the two people they added can allow the opinions to cover all ends of music genres.

Terra812

Reaction score
Well I've finally watched an episode of AI ... just because it was in my hometown...:lmao::oyea::lmao::oyea:

I don't watch local news or listen to local radio that much... I never knew they were here doing auditions.

My only thoughts... never again.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Props for actually sitting through an entire episode Terra.

I could never do that myself, too many other things I would enjoy doing with that 1 hour time slot.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Without Paula Abdul, who I had a celebrity crush on growing up, it isn't worth watching to me.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
I watched part of it while waiting for another show to come on and most of the contestants couldn't even carry a tune. The judges are boring. Seriously...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online